Chapter 6 - Outside

We were finally allowed outside the sector past school time.
As I walked through the field that I was supposed to meet Nathaniel in all I could think about was how Aundrew deserved to be out here, he's half human and the fact that he might never see the world outside the sector breaks my heart. That's why this integration program has to work, not for me but for him, so he can live the life he should. And with that thought, everything goes black...

I wake up, and try to look around. Everything is blurry, and my head is killing me. I'm freezing, but I'm standing up. I can feel my hands cuffed above my head, just low enough for my feet to touch the ground. Before everything comes back into focus I hear voices.
"So you're finally awake" one says
Another responding with "yeah took long enough"
Then there was a third voice, and I couldn't quite place it, but it definately sounded firmiliar. "Aundrew, huh. Cute kid, is he yours?" And before I could even say anything he said
"Oh, who am I kidding. Of course he's yours, you always loved the name Aundrew." At this moment my vision came back, but I didn't need to see him to know who he was. It's Jesse. The one person I never wanted to see again.
"How old is he?" Jesse asked. And when I didn't answer he put the picture back in my wallet. "That's okay, you were always really good at staying quiet." He told me as a tear slipped down my face. "So... I don't know?" He says looking to one of the other guys "how old do you think the boy is? 4, 5 maybe?" The other man just shrugged
"Why does it matter? Let's just take care of her." He said as he started walking towards me.
"Stop!" Jesse yelled. "I need to know"
"Why? Why do you frieking care." The other man spoke up.
"Because" Jesse said "if he's old enough, he could be my son."
*bang* that hit me just like a bullet in the heart, he figured it out. He knows, he knows now. I start trying to get free, I need to get out of here. I need to get back to Aundrew, I need to protect him. If Jesse knows about him now, he needs me.
Jesse starts laughing at my attempts to escape.
"There's nothing funnier than a naked girl trying to run away." He laughs again "I guess I was right then, this Aundrew boy is mine. Wow Kenzie, I didn't know you had that much fight in you... especially over someone who's half me, I thought you hated me."
"He's nothing like you!" I scream at him. "The only thing he got from you is hair color! And leave him alone Jesse, he has never, nor will he ever need you in his life!" Jesse just laughs, and then I feel freezing cold water being dumped on me.
"Calm down tattie" the man who drenched me says.
"C'mon Darek, let's go find my son" Jesse says and they leave. Leaving me cuffed up here, soaking wet, naked, and freezing. With no way to save my son. Just when I'm about to break down crying, the door opens again, but this time it's Nathaniel.
He looks at me and stops, almost as if he's frozen.
"What?
Nathaniel please get me down, we need to hurry."
He still stands there, staring. "Its... it's just... wow... you're beautiful. And your markings... they're glowing, I've ... I've never seen something so beautiful."

He breaks out of his trance and gets me down. We find my clothes and I change. Then we head straight for the sector. As I tell him on the way what happened, and why we're in such a hurry.