Chapter Thirty Nine: The Turn Of The Tide

For a moment, the Keyblade Wielders remained awe struck. They had not expected to be saved by The Elder and his counsel. But whether they believed it or not, there they were, the six of them, standing on top of the wall as if they were guardian statues. As The Elder raised his Keyblade, the darkness in the sky started to dissipate, and the sun shone through, signaling the light of hope. "Charge! In the name of the Order of the X-Blade, we shall smite the darkness that threatens to break the balance of the worlds! Do your duty!" The Elder shouted, as they all swooped down from the wall and charged towards the hordes of Unborn effortlessly. They dispatched them with lightning quick attacks and deadly accuracy, making sure to leave no stone unturned, bringing the battle in favor of the Keyblade Wielders. Dawn shed tears of joy, for she was finally bearing witness to what she wanted to see all along. The counsel joining the Keyblade Wielders in the battle against Xylek. As the Unborn started falling one by one, Milani came over and cast Curaga on the party, restoring their strength.

Dawn was the first to stand up, and she smiled and turned to face her comrades. "Come now my friends, it is time we join in the fight once again!" she said, as she summoned her Keyblade, charging towards the Unborn swarms, fighting them off by the dozens. The others nodded, and they all charged, now more determined than ever to hold back the darkness. Dawn and Kairi went over to Sierra, Milani and Edeya's side to help them against the enemy, and Riku went over to Trevor, Damian and The Elder's side, while the others scattered about the courtyard, taking out the Unborn from all sides. As the Unborn grew ever more aggressive, the Keyblade Wielders and the Order of the X-Blade pushed them back, working together as one. Riku and the Elder then stood back to back, as they had suddenly gotten surrounded.

"What made you change your mind?" Riku said, glancing over his shoulder at The Elder. For a few seconds, he remained silent, and then he glanced over his shoulder at Riku. "The lot of you knocked some sense into me. I was blinded by my obsession with protecting the worlds with the strength of the counsel alone. But I now realize that you and I are much alike. We want to protect what matters." he said, nodding. Riku smiled of relief and then looked towards the Unborn. "That's a good enough answer. So, you ready for this?" he asked. The Elder made a cocky laugh. "Son, the question is, are you ready for this?" he asked, sounding confident. With that, they both laughed, and then they charged towards the Unborn, using their unified powers to cut down the enemy.

They blazed through the courtyard, wasting no time and giving it their all to the battle. Meanwhile, Sierra, Milani and Edeya had been using their Time Splicer attacks, while Dawn fueled her power into Kairi's Keyblade, thus, creating a powerful sphere of light that started to absorb the energy of the Unborn surrounding them. Then the sphere of light exploded, sending countless numbers of Unborn flying all over the courtyard and fading away. Sora, Donald and Goofy had performed their Trinity Limit attack, and Vanitas, Dexeres and Xion had dealt with the enemy with excellent swordsmanship, and Mickey was like a beast in the battlefield, moving faster than anyone else. He was jumping from the Unborn's heads and decimating them in zigzags and deadly swift attacks, and then he cast Holy to make an area wide attack that made the Unborn fade away. "Good job fellas, if we keep holding 'em back like this, we'll be sure to win this battle!" he said, encouraging his friends to keep on fighting. "We're all working together. That's a good thing to see." he said to himself, smiling. Suddenly, a rift opened in the sky!

Everyone turned their attention towards the sky, as the rift that had appeared suddenly began growing, and an incredible power was emanating from it. At first they thought it was another, more powerful Unborn that had come to attack, but then Riku noticed what it truly was and he smiled. "About time you showed up!" he said as he smirked, but everyone seemed just as confused as ever. In a split second, a beam of darkness shot through the rift and down to the courtyard, and it sent a shockwave that toppled many Unborn and even made the Keyblade Wielders and the Order of the X-Blade fall down. When the darkness dissipated, quick flashes of lighting from sharp blue blades were shooting at all sides, taking out great numbers of Unborn, and then everyone saw who it was. "Never fear for Gilgamesh is here!" the great warrior bellowed with pride, wielding his two Zantetsuken Blades at the ready and giving out a hearty laugh. "Gilgamesh!?" Sora, Donald and Goofy shouted in unison. At that, the swordsman nodded. "Yes, it is I, the legendary warrior Gilgamesh, ready to battle!" he said, proudly and confidently.