Dafeenah

In about 9 months time, it was Ruwa's due and so she gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl. She named this beautiful princess, Dafeenah meaning hidden treasure. She was truly a hidden treasure. After 3 years of their marriage she was born, as a gift. She was a different child. Ruwa wanted her to be the most gracious and compassionate child of all time. When Dafeenah was a baby ,about 7 months old, Ruwa spent the most time with her. Ruwa fed her mother's milk, showered her, brought her for walks and many more she did. Ruwa stopped working until Dafeenah was able to take care of herself. Ruwa loved her Daughter more than anyone or anything in the whole world.
It was the same for Aazam. He wanted his Daughter to be someone who can make a difference to the world. He didn't want her to be proud like the others, he didn't especially want her to have love for money. He wanted her to be a humble young lady always with a caring heart.
Ruwa and Aazam raised Dafeenah the way they wanted her to be.
One day Ruwa's Mother came to visit her daughter. Dafeenah was one year old then.
"Ruwa, my beloved Daughter! It's been years since I saw you. Look at how you are my dear," Ruwa's Mother came sobbing and hugged Ruwa.
"Why Mom, you never thought of visiting me all these while? How heartless could you be. Why come now Mom? To see if I'm still alive?"
"Oh dear don't talk like that. You know your dad. He said if I ever came to see you I cannot enter that house. I came now by lying to him.. Even that was hard" she sobbed rubbing her daughter's cheeks.
"Mommy.." a cute little voice came in the background. Dafeenah ran towards her mother and hugged her mother's neck while Ruwa carried the little princess up.
"Mommy! Mommy! Cockroacheee"
"And daddy caught it you naughty girl" ran Aazam behind his Daughter. He was shocked to see Ruwa's Mother.
Ruwa's Mother immediately carried Dafeenah from Ruwa. There Dafeenah began crying and didn't stop.
"Don't cry baby it's me your Grandmother" she calmed her down.
"Ahhhhh ahhhhh Mommy Mommy," Dafeenah stretched her tiny hands out to her Mother so she could carry her.
"Dafeenah you're no longer a baby," Aazam said as he carried her from her Grandmother.
"See Mom, your own granddaughter doesn't even know you.. I'm pretty sure you didn't know I had a Daughter ," Ruwa said.
"No dear..I heard from our Neighbours that they saw you in the market with a little girl who is believed to look like you. That's why I came here to see you and her."
"Oh so it's my Daughter, not like you came to visit me.."
"Don't be so rude Ruwa..Aunt can I get anything for you?"Aazam asked.
"No it's ok Son. I have to go soon if not her Father will be looking for me"
"Can't you stay a little while longer Mom?"
"No dear. Some other day I promise. I'll take my leave. Take care my little Dafeenah. Grandma will come to see you soon" she said as she took her leave. Dafeenah just stared blankly at this woman she had no idea who she was.
As she took her leave,
"That was definitely an unexpected visit," Aazam told Ruwa.
" I didn't see that coming as well, hais. Come give Dafeenah to me, she needs some bath," she slowly carried Dafeenah from Aazam.
Dafeenah was more than just a blessing. She was growing real fast. Dafeenah was very close to her Mother. But when she turned four something really unexpected happened.
Ruwa fell sick and was bed ridden. Soon after about three days of sickness and due to the lack of money to visit the hospital, she passed away.
Dafeenah was most broken after that. She couldn't stop crying and started thinking how her life is going to be without her Mother. Aazam of course was really upset, somehow he felt that he was the reason for her death as he couldn't get her admitted in the hospital. During her funeral her parents came to make things worst. Ruwa's Father was cursing and swearing at Aazam for ruining her life. All Aazam could do was to stay muted and listen to his scolding. After all he was her Father who lost his beloved Daughter.
"You killed my Daughter! I am not going to let you kill my granddaughter as well, I'm bringing her with me right away!" He yelled. Dafeenah grabbed hold of her Father tightly.
"She is my Daughter and she's not going anywhere without me.."
Ruwa's mother cried and managed to plead her Husband to leave Dafeenah alone.
"She'll be safer with him I promise.."
Her Grandfather finally agreed and he said," If I ever find out that you are not taking care of her I will bring her with me."
"She is my Daughter, nobody has to teach me how to take care of her."
The day was over. Ruwa was now in her grave. She will never come back to see her Dafeenah or her beloved Aazam. Both Dafeenah and Aazam kept on crying for a few days. By the fourth day of Ruwa's death Aazam went back to work. He still had to feed his daughter.
But Dafeenah could not get over this. It's also not like Aazam got over this yet. But he has to take care of his daughter well and now he had the responsibility of both a Mother and Father. Aazam tried to calm Dafeenah down. But she couldn't as she was too close to her Mother.
"I want Mommy dad.. Ask her to come back. Should I pray to God and ask him to give her back to me?"
"No Ma.. Mommy is happier up there.."
"But daddy I'm not happy," she cried louder.
"Sweetheart Mommy is with you. Always In your heart. She will be there for you no matter what, I promise".
They both hugged each other. It was the most painful thing a four year old child ever went through.