Surprise for Daddy

Dafeenah's POV
I cannot believe what the lady had just said. We are all going to school for free. With these three nice thick notebooks. It is surely an amazing feeling. I never expected this.

If Mommy was here she will be so proud of me. I never knew my ideas could bring a treat to me like this. Thank you to Allah.

I have to tell this to daddy. He will also be proud of me. He will be so thankful for this opportunity. I know how daddy always works extra for overtime hours just so he could save money for school. But now if he finds out that school is available for free, he can use those hard earned money for some other use. Maybe we could get a small cute little house by the woods. Then all that we are ever going to smell will be flowers and fresh dew. Then I could play with the rabbits and the monkeys going by . I could even be dressed in Flowers. I better tell daddy about this.

"Hi Daddy!" I yelled while running up to daddy and giving him a tight hug.

"Oh baby did you miss daddy too much?" He smiled at me while kissing my forehead.

"Daddy, I have a surprise for you.." I began with my words so firm and confident. "Do you know the tall and pretty lady I told you about? She has arranged for free school for all the slum kids at the field over there!!School starts tomorrow." I cherished!

"Wow Dafeenah! Is this true?" Daddy seemed all amazed but didn't seem to believe it.

"Yes Papa! I'm not lying.. You can ask the slum kids too!" I smiled at him.

"Masha Allah! I'm so proud of you my little girl! I can't believe a small act could bring a big reward!" Daddy carried me and was showering me with praises.

The next thing daddy started discussing with me how we are going to spend the rest of the money.

"Now that education has been made free I think we should use the money to get you some new clothes." Daddy was suggesting different ideas.. "Or maybe we should cook more food.. Getting a new house for now is still a bit difficult.."

"No daddy then we don't have to spend it at all. Let's just save it. Then in the future we might need it." I thought my answer was the most appropriate one.
I really don't think we should spend. Maybe when we save, in the future when we check it might be a huge amount. We could use that money to get a new house or we could also buy better clothes for all the slum kids here.

It will be beneficial some day. Saving is the best way. Like how I saved a dollar per day and brought such a big reward to us. I really couldn't believe it though. I didn't donate because I was expecting a reward. But I'm so thankful that this just so happened to all of us.

"Hmm.. Then that will be great. But daddy still has to work hard. The prices in the market are rising." Papa assured me.

"Then I have to wait all night for you daddy?" My face turned pale. I really wanted daddy to spend time with me. I didn't have Mommy with me anymore. So I just needed daddy to be always there for me. It's sad to think how I only get a few hours to spend with him at night. All these thoughts brought tears to my eyes.

"Little Dafeenah don't cry!" Daddy hugged me tight.." We have to make some sacrifices you see.. I promise you this will continue only for a week. After that we can start going out to the Parks and daddy will spend so many hours with you!"

While sobbing I asked," Many hours with me? Really daddy?"

"Yes Ma. I promise you! " Daddy made a pinkie promise to me.

After which daddy brought me to eat dinner. It was salad with bread. I still loved all these unique combinations. Daddy was a very good cook. Even when Mommy was around daddy helped her a lot to cook.

We started eating and playing around. It was a good night spent with daddy.