Now What?

Trevor's POV

'You really feel like that?' I asked.

Britt looked up at me shyly.

'Yeah I do'. Her whisper was barely audible.

I took a step towards her and she mimicked my movements. We were so close now, I could admire every detail on her face. The grey flecks in her deep brown eyes, a cluster of freckles on her cheek, her soft pink lips. I reached my hand up and placed it on the side of her face, my thumb gently stroking her cheek. I expected her to flinch or pull away but instead she placed her hand on top of mine. Her palms were clammy but I could feel the cold metal of her rings against my skin. As a leaned in, I watched her slowly close her eyes...

It only lasted a few seconds but the taste of strawberry lip gloss lingered on my lips. I took Britt's hand, which was still resting atop mine, in my own and gently lowered them both so that our arms hung naturally. I didn't let go of her hand, too afraid to completely break the contact between us.

She was the one studying my face now. She reached up the hand that wasn't intertwined with mine and softly rubbed my lips.

'They're shiny' she said smiling. 'My fault I guess'.

I smiled back at her.

'Britt' I said.

She looked at me questioningly.

'We've gotten this far. So what happens next?'

Brittany's POV

'We've gotten this far. So what happens next?' Trevor asked, he sounded almost worried.

So was I. I didn't have an answer to that question.