Secrets - Chapter 3

"When did you start wearing so much make up?" Shyianne asked, eyeing up my face; she smiled in approval. "It's a lot though, I won't lie. You look buff."

"Thanks," I replied unpacking the contents of my bag on to our shared desk space. If only she knew what I was hiding behind this new look. "A change is good sometimes."

"True that, anyway you didn't get back to my message. What happened the other day, you were acting weird you know,"

"I just wasn't feeling well but I'm better now. That's all that matters," I brushed off the subject.

"Cool," I could tell she really didn't believe me but she wasn't the one to press on matters and for that I was grateful.

"What's up ladies?" A familiar velvety voice cut through the awkward silence that creeped in after our conversation. My stomach got all jittery and I could feel my heart wildly thumping against my chest. That's what Kevin's voice did to me, and every time my eyes locked with those enchanting chocolatey orbs of his, my carnal desires to take him on the spot would take over my mind. I was obsessed with how he made me feel, his touch only intensified the growing feelings I had towards him.

"Hey Kevin," I replied in a bored tone, masking my excitement. I could see Shyianne playing with hair from the corner of my eyes while sending him flirty looks. I inwardly cringed, too bad he wasn't interested in her.

"Kevin, it's good to see you," Shyianne said, sensuality oozing from her voice while she tried to speak a few octaves lower than usual. I rolled my eyes, it wasn't everyday become a phone sex operator when Kevin would come around.

Kevin chuckled, which in turn caused the dormant butterflies in my stomach to flutter, "I was wondering if you could be my partner on this group assignment Amelia... Since you're so good with biology and all."

I hesitantly looked up at him trying to avoid his invasive stares because I knew I wouldn't be able to escape it's hold. "Sure whatever," I kept my tone calm and it sounded almost dismissive, my acting had really improved; I commended myself in my head. He grinned to himself knowingly; we rehearsed how to act around each other in public. I almost gasped, still affected by that perfect Colgate smile, still amazed at those finely carved dimples that would make their appearances after. He was a beautiful man indeed, a 6'4 slender yet muscular hunk of a man with smooth radiating dark skin that spoke of his connection to the earth and its creation. He was a God indeed. I just wanted to run my fingers through his lowly cut waves with a glisten that almost mirrored the one in his smile.

"And what about me?" Shyianne interjected in a whiny tone. I didn't want her working in our group project, getting some alone time with him was becoming much harder. With all the creeping and suspicions running high with his girlfriend thinking there is another woman, we had to lay low for a while. I was missing our frequent conversations and more importantly the sex. "It's a group project so I want to be a part of it too!"

"It's up to your girl," he shot me a knowing look before disappearing into the crowd of students rushing to find seats before our lecturer came in.

"You of all people though? There's a lot more smarter people in this class," Shyianne rudely said. It was comments like this that stopped me from feeling guilty about this whole situation. It wasn't like I owed her loyalty or anything, this wasn't her man.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raised my eyebrow. I wasn't the smartest in the class but I was definitely in the top 5%, my essay and exam results definitely proved that, I couldn't say the same about Shyianne who barely even scraped 2:2 in first year!

"I'm just feeling salty, my bad," she puffed. "So would you mind me on you lots team, I won't drag you down or anything."

*******