His Name Was Jake (5)

Things were going great after that night. He finally told me he loved me....only thing was I didn't say it back. Jake told me he understood and didn't expect me to answer him back yet. He wants me to make sure im absolutely sure I love him before I just say it.

It wasn't that I didn't love him, its just that when he told me I was caught off guard. He was in my room at night, snuck in at that. I was more focused on my mom catching us. Now that I think about saying it though I almost feel sick. Saying 'I love you" to someone is not something to play with...my dad use to tell me he loved me all the time. Apparently that didn't mean much to him though. You don't hurt the ones you love.

It was finally summer now, I passed my freshman year and was given an opportunity to take a placement test to go into the grade I was suppose to go in. So if I pass it, I could be a Junior instead of a sophomore. As you could imagine, I had been studding a lot, and that was a little stressful for Jake and I.

"You know what next week is right?" Jake said walking with me outside of my house. I froze...Do I?

"Anna, we make 5 months next Thursday..." He muttered, disappointed I didn't answer right away. I felt like shit.

"I'm sorry baby. You know ive been really busy studying and trying to shove all these books down my throat. He stopped and faced me.

"I know babe, and I forgive you. Do you think you could maybe take a break from the books though? Next Thursday id like to take you out to eat and get you all pampered up." He smiled taking my hand. I blushed.

"Of course Jake, I owe you that. I cant believe I forgot. Its not that it isn't important to me baby. You know it means a lot to me." I hoped he heard the shame I felt in my words. He did. He gave me a gentle smile and hugged me close to him.

God I love being next to him like this. His body against mine. Strong and firm. My protector as I now liked to call him. He made the bad dreams go away. Hell I even stopped having my freak out moments when someone bumps into me or grabs me. I'm normal again. I know he'll never let anyone hurt me.

"Anna?" I looked up and before I could answer him, he passionately kissed me. He had been kissing like this for a while ever since that night. It didn't make me uncomfortable, I just knew where he was going with all of it and I wasn't sure if I was ready.

As the kiss deepened, his hands started to explore my body. my breathing hitched a little as his cold hands brushed against my skin underneath my skin on my lower back.

"Jake" I said breathlessly breaking our kiss. He sighed and took a half a step back.

"I know. Don't you trust me though?" He asked trying to figure it out.

"You know I do, im just not sure if im ready and I just..."

"You want it to be perfect right?" He said cutting me off kind of harshly. I stared angrily at him, which was a first. I have never been mad at him, but making fun of my virginity wasn't exactly the way to persuade me to sleep with him.

"No, actually. Its not bout it being perfect, I just want to make sure tht as soon as you get it you wont fucking leave. If you feel like being a dick tonight you can just go home though. Its not funny. And if was wrong for you to say that." I said sternly. Now he was glaring at me. Which actually gave me chills. I had only seen him get mad once at Nick and only for a brief second because he told me to go while they talked...Nick stopped sitting with us after that.

"Don't talk to me like that Anna. You were the one who took what I had to say the wrong way. Everything was perfect until you had to have a little mood swing." His words cut through me and I realized he was right. It was my fault. Things were fine. WE were just hugging and kissing. Now it looks like we are having our first fight.