Chapter Twelve

Dominic’s POV

I watched her as she sat at her desk; her hair unkempt, she wore a pair of cheer shorts, and a swea top, there was no lovelier sight. I was so conscious of her every move, the way her fingers flew into her hair when she paused and read what she typed, the pounding of her keyboard that filled the room, as she submerged herself into her work. It was amazing that just two weeks ago she had been in the hospital. And I had made a promise to myself that I would keep our relationship platonic, something that was not flying well with Tamryn. 

It was hard not to think ‘dirty thoughts’ about her and me, especially when she always looked so beautiful. It was only after this long analysis that I realized that she was looking at me with quizzical eyes, probably wondering what I was thinking about. Her eyes narrowed and she smirked at me. I felt my heart pound, as I noticed the little scar on her chin, I couldn’t help thinking I caused that, I could have stopped that little blemish upon her face. But in some ways it was beautiful, to me it made her seem human. I realized her hazel eyes were burning into mine, causing my chest to tighten. 

“What are you thinking about?” She asked raising her eyebrow at me as she brought her knees up to her chest. 

“None of your beeswax” I said, picking up my phone in an effort to look disinterested. Ever since her accident, Tamryn had needed supervision somewhat, just to ensure she wouldn’t pull stitches, get dizzy from medication and all. So Simone, Nash and I took turns, mine was always after practice, I’d made a routine of it, wake up, jog, check on Tamryn, get ready for ball, bathe and make my way over to hers. 

“Oooh, real mature.” She said, interrupting my thoughts, as she rolled her eyes after me, something I’d come to appreciate. She turned back around to coniture her work when I laughed, noticing that her hair made her look somewhat like Albert Einstein. 

Apparently my laughter was contagious as she started to laugh too, I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden she was in front on me, I didn’t even have time to process the image of her beautiful stature so carefree.  I couldn’t dare look up at her, if I did it was all over. I just hoped she would chicken out of whatever she was doing. 

Just then I felt her hands in my hair, her nails were long but not sharp and they ran through my hair over and over. My whole body was on fire under her touch, one hand rested on the nape of my neck as the other lifted my chin so I could look at her, I closed my eyes so I couldn’t see her. 

Remember how I said I planned to keep my relationship with Tamryn platonic? Apparently she hadn’t gotten the memo, and had tried almost everyday to make a pass at me, unashamed. Usually I would have applauded her for such efforts, but when trying to resist a girl like Tamryn it becomes tiresome. 

The hand that cupped my chin flew back into my hair and I groaned; her touch was insatiable. I couldn’t take it any longer, I grabbed her waist pulling her body closer to mine, with that she let out a muffled sound that did something to me, my eyes flew open and I saw her. Her eyes were raw and full of passion, she was holding nothing back. It was then I realized she had straddled me on her bed. You could take her right her, I thought. 

The thought suddenly registered, I was being seduced by Tamryn, I gently pushed her off and went down stairs, God I wish my shift was over, I quickly texted her sister asking when she would be home. 

I heard her footsteps as she walked downstairs and the way in which they sounded heavy suggested she was angry. I became alarmed, hoping she wasn’t pulling any stitches in the process. Just as I turned around to see her, she punched me in the arm. 

“Ow! Tamryn what the hell?!” I said, rubbing the area she had assaulted. Man, that girl is strong.  You would never tell by her oh so tall and glass like physique.