Chapter Four

Rocky screamed as he woke up from his nightmare. He'd slept all night, and it was now the dead of day. He yawned and got up.
"Not again..." He muttered. "Why won't you just let me sleep?"
Suddenly, Rocky heard a loud crash and a growl coming from the lookout. Concerned, he pressed his ear against the wall.
"Who are you?" Ryder demanded. "What're you doing here? Leave my lookout, now!"
"Not without my pup!" A voice yelled back. "He's my property, and I demand him back!"
There was a low growl from Chase.
"Back off, mutt!" The voice shouted. "Where. Is. He?"
One thing ran through Rocky's mind as he stepped away from the wall.
Leave.
Letting out a yelp, Rocky jumped into his truck, turned on the engine, and sped off.
Not again...not again...not again...
There were tears pouring down his muzzle as he drove toward an unknown destination. Taking a quick turn, he realized he was heading straight for the mountain.
Perfect.
He'd be safe up there.

Chase ran outside, his uniform and spy gear on. He recognized the sound of that engine anywhere. Rocky's truck was gone...meaning he'd taken off. Chase jumped into his cruiser and sped off, hoping to catch a sight of the pup in green, or a clue to where he was going.
Where would I go if I was Rocky?
Chase considered this as he drove, and jumped to a quick conclusion.
Of course. Jake's mountain.
Chase cocked his head, deep in thought.
Why'd he take off, anyway?
It suddenly dawned on him, making his results anger him.
Of course. I should've known.
He caught sight of the tracks from Rocky's truck and began to follow them.
"You can't hide from me, Rocky," he said out loud. "Especially from me."
But, what he really wanted to say was,
Nothing can keep me from you.