Chapter 7

The minute Chase's car pulled back up to the lookout, Rocky tackled him into a hug. Chase laughed.
"Is he gone?" Rocky asked hurriedly.
Chase nodded.
"He's gone. You'll never see him again."
Rocky smiled and bent down to claim the police pup. Chase's eyes widened, but he kissed back the one pup he'd been wanting to kiss for years. Rocky pulled away about a minute later, and he stared at the other pup breathlessly.
"I love you, Chase."
"I love you, too," Chase grinned. "Always have, always will."
They pulled away from each other, and jumped down from the vehicle. Ryder walked out to see them. He gave Chase a pat on the head, and handed him a dog biscuit. He handed Rocky one too, and Marshall, who had walked out to join them. Chase smiled at his best friend.
"You saved my tail, Marshall. Thanks."
Marshall smiled back.
"You're welcome. I'm not just in the PAW Patrol to protect Adventure Bay...but, to protect you, as well."
Chase grinned, and he and Marshall slapped their paws together in a high five.
"You alwight, Wocky?" Came Zuma's voice. The chocolate lab put a paw on his shoulder.
Rocky sighed, but he smiled.
"I'm much better now, thanks. Don't you worry.
"About you? Nevew."
Rocky and Zuma both laughed, and Ryder grinned.
"Let's have some dinner, huh pups?"
They all wagged their tails in agreement.

For the first time in a long time, Rocky slept soundly that night. He felt safe, and he felt at home. Thanks to his other, he was free from his fears and felt completely at peace. He looked at the stars shining above him, up in their constellations, together. Like him and Chase. Two stars connected at last to make one beautiful constellation. Like stars, they collided. And Rocky couldn't be more happier at the thought.