1

"So, did you think about it?" Chresanto questioned me as he walked beside me and bumped into my shoulder.

I looked up at him to see him showing me his huge Kool-Aid smile. I sent him a meek smile back, "Uh, no," I lied.

His Kool-Aid smile quickly changed to a frown and his zeal evaporated, but I noticed his attempt to hide it. "Oh, it's coo'. You..You don't have to rush or anything," he assured, then looked away from me and looked ahead of him.

I knew deep down, it wasn't okay to him. I knew he was probably tired of me and keep postponing my answer to his question. I was sure on what exactly what the answer was, it was definitely a no. But I just didn't want to tell him that. I just keep responding with I'll think about it, I haven't thought it through just yet, or simply No. I began to feel bad about shooting this guy down.

And after that, we both walked to our bus stop in silence. We went our separate ways when we arrived at the bus stop. He went to his crew and I went over to mine. My crew really consisted of one person, Sely. Ever since 7th grade, we're in 10th now, we've been so close.

"Did you tell him yet?!" she inquired excitedly, she smiled wide. I knew that anxious smile would drop when I answered her.

"No," I mumbled.

She knitted her eyebrows together, "Did you say no?"

Nodding, I began explaining, "I just don't know what to say, Sely! He's a nice guy, and I don't wanna turn him down then hurt his feelings."

"Psh, well, from the looks of it now it looks like your plan is to hurt him!" she snapped. "The longer the wait, the more he's gonna be skeptical."

Sely was the very caring and empathetic type. She really didn't like when she'd see one doing wrong to another, she'd always speak on it or rant about it. She says it had happened to her plentyful times and it'd awful to see it being done to someone else, so she'd try to prevent it.

Like now.

"You need to tell him, Dionne!" she insisted. "Don't become a heart breaker."

Rolling my eyes, I remarked, "Fine, but it's easier said than done."

She kissed her teeth as she chuckled, "You can do it. You actually need to."

Right in time, the bus pulled up to the curb. Sely and I got onto the bus right before it began pouring down raining on us. We'd always sit in the middle of the bus. It wasn't too far in the back where the rowdy kids would always behave obnoxiously and it wasn't too far in the front to make people think we were losers. Looking to my left, I saw Rayon. He was already eyeing me before I glanced at him. He was mugging me, but it ain't faze me none. His scrawny ass could go somewhere, honestly. I laughed to myself under my breath at my thought.

"May I help you, Rayon?" I asked in my most sarcastic, and bitchy voice possible.

"Yes, I was wondering when were you gon stop being so fake?" he snarled.

I scoffed. "When have I ever been fake? And when are you gonna stop believing you're doing the damn thing with them damn pigtails?" I retorted.

He shook his head, but I knew I won this round. I smirked at him as he looked away from me and tapped Chresanto's shoulder. I looked away from him and uncomfortably made my way to Hell, also known as school. I hated school, not only did I have to deal with my nagging teachers, and exhausting work, but I had almost every class with Chresanto and Rayon.

After the front half of the bus emptied out, I exited the bus along with Sely. We both entered the doors of Oxon Parkway High and walked to our lockers. Our lockers were 10 lockers away from eachother. After we gathered all the neccessary things we needed for school, we invaded the halls along with the other students in the school.