3

"I called to ask what're you doing." Sely stated.

"Laying down, waiting for Chresanto to ring my doorbell," I answered, kicking my feet in the air.

"Ooh," Her and Rayon said as if I just laid down some juicy gossip.

"Guys! We're just going bowling, nothin' more nothin' less," I explained.

"Mhmm, whatever. Ya'll gon' fuck," Rayon remarked.

"Woaaah! No! Did you guys forget? He has a girlfriend already."

"You know you wannaaaa," Sely sanged.

I have never regretted anything so much before, and in this case I regretted announcing to Ray and Sely that I had a fervor for Chresanto. They were going to tease me forever and ever about it. Ironically and luckily, my mom came to my door frame, "Chresanto's downstairs waiting for you."

"Thanks, mom. Guys, Chres downstairs. Bye!" I chirped.

"Wear a damn condom, girl!" Rayon screamed jokingly.
"Shut up, dude! Girl, you have fun!" Sely cheered.

"You two are ridiculous," I spoke into the phone before hanging up.

I got up from my bed as my mom walked away from my door. I walked downstairs to see him siting on the couch, leaned back, and chilling. I walked behind him and smacked his head, "Aye, boy!"

He jolted forward, holding the back of his head, "I don't need you doing that," he smiled.

"I'd still do it whether you need it or not. And you know that."

He stood up from the couch, walking over to me, "D, we got beef," he pointed at me.

I laughed at him, "Oh, hush. C'mon so I can beat you at bowling," I pulled him to the door. "Ma! I'm leaving!" I yelled at her.

She came to the steps seconds later, escorting us out, "Don't be out too late," she warned eyeing me.

"I won't mom," I smiled walking off with Chresanto.

Chresanto and I began our walk down the street, "Sooo, my dad is out right now with his car," he said breaking the short silence.

I let out a loud groan knowing exactly what that meant. "Damn, we really gotta take the bus?"

He nodded and I groaned again. "Just wait until I get a car, Dionne! We won't even have to ride the Metro any longer and I can go anywhere at any time!" he cheered as his famous Kool-aid smile was plastered on his face.

I couldn't help but smile also, he looked so excited about getting his car. Also, his smile was contagious. "When do you think you're getting it?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he slid his hand inside of his pockets, "I just hope I get one soon. It's been my number one dream."

I let out a chuckle, "Knowing your dad, you gon' have to WORK to get a damn car, boy!"

He let out a small laugh as he nodded, "Yeah," he licked his lips. "But at the end it's gonna be worth it. I'm gonna be driving in a nice ass car with my windows down and blasting some good ass music with my main niggas." He bit on his bottom lip, not flirtatiously, but because he always did that when he was filled with avidity. He threw his arm around my shoulder, staring down at me. "That's gonna be you, Ray, Senta, and Sely."
"Um, Chres, I don't think we'd all fit in there."
"Ya'll gonna find a way. Or, I could just push you out the car. That ain't a problem for me."
That's when I shot him a glare and a cackle was released from him. "I see how it is. You get a car, so you gonna be brand new."
He finished off his good laugh. "I'm just playin', D. You're definitely gonna have a seat in that car. If anything, I'll push Ray out the car. He wouldn't mind."
I laughed at the idea of him doing that. Ray would be everything but okay with that. His reaction would be priceless.