Chapter 3

Beyoncé POV

Keisha and I stood in the doorway of Anna's room. She was sleeping so peacefully with her bear in her arms. She had fell asleep in the car on our way back from going out to eat. We bought her a purple dress and Keisha got her purple bows to match and put in her hair.

I found out a lot about Anna, she's such a sweet and warm little girl. I can't imagine why anyone would want to give her up, but I'm happy they did, at least now she can complete my world.

"How do you feel?" Keisha asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Amazing. She's everything I ever wanted." I replied.

We walked downstairs as we continued talking.

"We can host like a little get together as a sort of 'mock-babyshower'" she offered.

"Yeah I like that idea."

"How many color dresses do you think she needs?" Keisha asked.

"I don't know, her mother must have been rich." I added.

"Maybe she was famous."

"I don't know any famous people with the last name Martin." I replied.

"Okay maybe just successful then..." Keisha rationalized. "You think she really gets a new dress every week?"

"You can tell she's a pro at picking them out." I replied.

"She's such a cutie."

"I love her already and it hasn't even been a full day." I sighed, laying across the couch. "She's fantastic."

Robyn POV

Tears streamed down my face as I sat in the center of Anaïs' room. I missed her so much, she was pretty much all I ever had. Everything I did for the past 5 years was for her.

Sammy is coming today, her husband is a private detector, and since no one else seems to be helping we WILL find Anaïs.

Anaïs, I hope you're okay. Mommy misses you so much.

ONIKA POV

I left New York for the first time in 5 years. Cher found a private investigator from England, he agreed to meet with me in Philly today.

I walked into the South Street Diner.

"Onika Maraj?" A voice asked.

I turned around, "yes, thats me."

"Detective Blake Ryans, private investigator." he introduced. "This is my wife, Samantha."

The woman beside him was absolutely beautiful, "Please.. Just call me Sammy." She smiled modestly.

"Nice to meet both of you. Thank you much in advance for your help." I smiled.

"Cher briefly described your situation with me the other day, I didn't quite catch all of it." Sammy said as we were seated.

"Well, no one really knows the whole story." I shrugged, already partially discouraged.

"Okay.. What do you know?"

I took a deep breath, "5 years ago I gave birth to a healthy baby girl named Anesthesia. I held her once... Then I never saw her again."

"That's devastating."

"I've contacted the police repeatedly for the past 5 years. They won't help me, I know she's out there somewhere."

I think Sammy may have heard the discouragement in my voice. She touched my hand, "I understand what you are going through. My best friend's daughter was taken last week. She's about the same age as Anesthesia. If you want, you two could meet and support each other through this."

I considered my options and nodded, "sure."

We exchanged numbers, and she gave me Robyn's number as well.

"Stay in contact, you can text me whenever.. Consider Robyn and I, well, like your friends." she smiled.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"We will find Anesthesia for you. We won't rest until both of you have your little angels again." Sammy assured.

"I'll be spending a lot of time researching you and Anesthesia's information. I'll have Sammy ask you any direct questions that will aid in my search." Blake explained.

"Thank you so much." I smiled.

"Hi my name is Melissa, I'll be your waitress this afternoon. Can I start you off with something to drink?" our conversation was interrupted.

"Yes please, I'd like a sprite please." Sammy ordered.

"Water," Blake said nonchalantly.

"Lemonade please." I said softly.

"Your New York accent is so cute." Sammy stated.

"Thank you. You don't really have an English accent huh?" I tilted my head to the side.

"No," she giggled, "I'm from Jersey, I just live in England. That's all."

"Ohh okay, that makes sense."

"Yeah when Robyn got a call that she would be able to adopt Anaïs 5 years ago they said she would have to do it in England. I moved with her, and that's how I met Blake." she explained.

QOTD: What do you want to see in future stories of mine?

AOTD: idk.. Like more family oriented stuff, drama, sex, violence, etc?? Let me know in the comments section