Chapter 5

Beyoncé POV

The past few weeks went by fast, having Anna around simply completed my life. Today was our Mommy-Daughter day. We had decided to try out a new restaurant that opened across town, we were eating nachos as our appetizer as she described the kind of dress she wanted this week.

Our waitress fell in love with her and brought her a free dessert after we ate.

"Thank you" Anna smiled at her as she dipped her spoon in.

Anna tasted a bit of it then jumped back and covered her mouth.

"Whats wrong Anna?"

"I think I dont like it." She spoke through her hand.

"Its okay just dont eat it." I told her, "we can leave if youre ready."

"I think it has cinnamon." She continued.

"You dont like cinnamon?"

She shook her head. "My tongue feels a little funny."

I realized her speech was weird, at first I thought it was because of her hand covering her mouth but then I understood.

"Anna are you allergic to cinnamon?"

"I don't know what that is. My old mommy says I dont like cinnamon, so I never never eat it." She explained.

"Come on." I picked her up in my arms and carried her to the car.

At the hospital they began treating her but one of the nurses pulled me aside.

"How are you related to Anna?" She asked.

"I adopted her a few weeks ago. Why?" I replied.

"There is no Anna Felicity Martin in the system." She explained.

"You mean, like.. Thats not her name?" I asked.

"Exactly. You might want to check back with the adoption agency to find out her real information unless you want us to do a DNA test." She offered.

"Our evening has been eventful enough. I can call the agency tonight and clear things up." I stated.

Robyn POV

The past few weeks felt like FOREVER without Anaïs. I didn't eat much, despite Sammy's efforts. I laid across her princess bed and stared at the ceiling for most of the days. I ran my fingers across her many dresses eachday.

On Fridays I went to the dress store and walked aimlessly around wondering which dress would have caught Anaïs' eye.

Afterwards I went to Build-A-Bear Workshop and made her a bear with a different dress for each week she was gone.

Yesterday, I brought home the 6th bear..

ONIKA POV

"Hey remember our friend Keisha from Highschool?" Cher asked.

"Yeah why?"

"She lives in Texas now and wants to invite us down for a weekend soon." She explained.

"Oh cool. That sounds fun, but you know how I feel about traveling." I replied.

"Nic, one weekend wont hurt. You might need it." She urged.

"What if I miss Anesthesia while Im away?" I asked, "I might miss my only chance."

"Nic I honestly believe that she is out here somewhere. But she is definitely not in New York." She stated.