Chapter 4

ONIKA POV

I paced my bedroom for about 20minutes with Robyn's phone number already dialed in my phone.

"Just call her." Cher urged.

"And say what? 'Hey my daughter is missing too lets be friends!'" I asked.

"Not those exact words.."

"What if we really hit it off, and then she finds her daughter while Anesthesia remains missing?" I asked, "You have Queen, she'd have her daughter.. There'd just leave me all alone."

"Nic it won't be like that."

"I just want to know what I did to deserve this. Why my child? There were plenty of other babies born in that hospital that day. Why did they take mine?" I felt myself getting worked up.

"Robyn is feeling the same way right now. Just call her, it might help you cope."

"I don't want to cope. I want her back." I cried.

She reached over me while I wasn't paying attention and pressed the call button on my phone.

Someone answered on the other line.

"Hello?" I said shyly.

"Hi, who's speaking?" Her voice was low and teary.

"Is this Robyn?"

"Yes who's speaking?"

"Samantha gave me your number. My name is Onika." I replied.

"Why did she give you my number?"

"Her husband just began working on my case, my daughter went missing 5years ago. She told me about your situation." I explained.

"5 years?" She sounded shocked, "I don't think I could live that long without Anaïs. I would have killed myself."

"I wanted to.. But I always imagined one day Anesthesia would be found and I'd have been dead by then. And it always made me push through. No matter how long it takes, I won't stop until we meet again."

"How old was she?" Robyn asked.

"She had just been born."

"So you never got to see her first steps or anything?"

"No."

"When I adopted Anaïs, she was only a few days old. I always felt like I was her biological mother. You know?" She stated, "She was so small when I met her, they said she was 5lbs 4oz when she was born."

"5lbs 4oz..?" I asked.

"Wasn't that Anesthesia's weight?" Cher asked.

"Yeah." I confirmed.

"I'm sorry?" Robyn asked on the other line.

"Nothing, its just a coincidence that we're talking now, and both of us lost our daughters. And both of our daughters were 5lbs 4oz at birth." I explained.

"What's her daughter's name?" Cher asked.

"What's your daughter's name?" I asked Robyn, putting her on speaker.

"Anaïs Felicity Mann."

Cher wrote it down, beneath it she wrote Anesthesia Felicity Maraj.

"Notice anything?" She asked.

"The same middle name.." I observed.

"And same initials." She pointed out.

"Whats going on?" Robyn asked.

"Hey Robyn, my name is Cher. I am a friend of both Sammy and Onika." Cher introduced.