Chapter 28

A/N: I'm an asshole and promised a Pillowtalk chapter. IT'S COMING - I just want it to happen organically. Because Gigi's coming to town and there's gonna be trouble. ;)
Vote and comment your thoughts! This is where shit's gonna get good. 😝

SOTC: "Rhiannon" by Stevie Nicks

- Zayn POV -

I rolled over and pried my eyes open, almost blinded by the sunlight. Clearly I slept past noon again, according to how the sun sits now. I glanced at my phone for the time, noticing first I had a missed call from Georgia.

Fuck fuck motherfucking shit.

Before even checking the time there, I called her. Three rings and she picked up, sounding only slightly better than the day before.

"Hi Zayn."

"Hi babe." I did a terrible job at hiding the happiness and relief in my voice. "How are you?"

"I've been better. I'm so hungover." She chuckled humorlessly.

"I am too." I laughed. Very quickly our small talk lapsed into awkward silence. "So..." trying to get my question out without offending her, "What's up?"

"Huh? Oh...nothing. I called last night because...I...I dunno why I called you really." She laughed nervously. I suspected I knew why she did though.

"Oh, okay? Well, while I have you, I wanted to tell you I've missed you. More than you can imagine. Please forgive me for the bullshit that happened before." I plead.

I waited during the silence, then I heard her heave a long sigh. "I guess I can't be mad at you forever." I smirked, "Even though I want to be!" She insisted and I chuckled to myself.

"I sincerely thank you for your forgiveness, Miss Young, and I do hope you know I will cherish it eternally." I teased her in my best posh accent. The laughter I was answered with was simply infectious. I found myself laughing as hard as she was when she attempted to respond in a similar posh accent that quickly turned Australian.

Once our laughter died down, we ended up talking about how our nights went. First, she informed me of who the douchebag who left the club with her was. She told me how he took her home, but nothing happened, despite the fact that she admitted they have a history. She told me how Aaron guy's sister came over and they ate pizza and got even more wasted. Then she explained how she missed me so much, she spent the rest of the night crying herself to sleep, cuddling a bottle of vodka. After speaking for almost an hour, she had to go to work but she promised to text me all day.

It's somewhat comforting to know that we're more destructive to ourselves without each other than together. It confirms to me that it's just as hard for her to deal with the long distance between us as it is for me.

I've got to figure out a way to get her to LA. I don't have many connections in her field, and I certainly wouldn't be able to pull enough strings to get her a full time job in a law office with no degree. While I weighed the options for her here, I got a Twitter DM notification. Still not sure why I actually checked it, but it was a fan playing one of One Direction's songs on her guitar. I had a flash of Georgia's voice in my head, remembering when she told me she made cover videos in high school, but she deleted them.

To satisfy my curiosity, I pulled out my laptop and searched "Georgia Rose Young" in Google. The first of the social media results were Twitter and Instagram handles "GYoung91", and a YouTube channel called "YungGRose", which I definitely had a good fifteen minute laugh over.

The account only had four videos. I clicked the first video, entitled "Rhiannon" and put my Beats headphones on.

(A/N: if you watch the vid above, Emilia singing is exactly how I imagine Georgia's voice to sound.)

She sat at an upright piano, somewhere different than her apartment. Her curly hair was perched in a ponytail on top of her head, and she had the beginning of a sleeve on her arm. I couldn't see her Johnny Cash tattoo yet, but I recognized the script on the outside of her arm. She looked over at the camera and smiled, now with snakebite piercings in her bottom lip, before starting to play a song I didn't recognize at first. She played the introduction, I suppose it was, effortlessly for about thirty seconds before taking a deep breath and beginning to sing.

"Rhiannon rings like a bell through the the night
And wouldn't you love to love her?
She rules her life like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?"

Her voice sounded like angels, strong and confident carrying a sweetness with her slight twang and rasp to it. It was simply divine to hear, unique in every way. I realized then she was singing Fleetwood Mac but she slowed the tempo and altered the vocal arrangement. It was absolutely captivating. I found myself mesmerized by the girl in front of me, who I felt was a complete stranger to me. The shy girl with the habit of biting her lip when she was nervous had morphed into a confident artist, completely devoted to her craft. I was shocked.

"All your life you've never seen
A woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised to you Heaven?
Would you ever win?"

The beautiful way her voice fell off at the high notes into a simple vibrato had me craving to hear more. How has she never done this around me?

"She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is the darkness
She rules her life like a fine skylark
And when the sky is starless

All your life you've never seen
A woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised to you Heaven?
Will you ever win? Will you ever win?

Rhiannon, Rhiannon

Dreams unwind
Love's a state of mind
Rhiannon
Dreams unwind
Love's a state of mind
Rhiannon"

She played on a few more measures and ended the melody softly. She smiled at the camera shyly and turned it off, the video pausing as she made eye contact and I could faintly see a blush to her beautiful cheeks.

Why hasn't she shown me these before? Is she embarrassed? She shouldn't be. Her voice is a sublime cross between like Adele, Lana Del Rey, and Jhené Aiko, but those comparisons don't even do it justice. She's sang around me when we were fucking around, listening to the radio and shit. But she never took herself to seriously about it, always throwing in awkwardly placed vibrato or singing parts of everyday conversation.

She was always my little songbird.

The idea hit me like a freight train. She could do this. She could do the same thing as me: move to LA, get a record deal and I could help her.

A/N: Zaynie's schemin