Chapter three

Chapter three - New neighborhood.New roommate.New surprises

Adonia's POV

I was currently standing outside of my new apartment building in Bensonhurst,Brooklyn,with a cigarette between my lips (I didn't usually smoke but today felt like the right day for a cigaretter) i watched boredly everyone else's morning start as they walked hurriedly past me,using the same path they do every morning.

Earlier this morning i was woken up by Amelia's loud moaning and Ed's ,her current boyfriend,groaning. It was becoming to much for me to handle since the walls were unfortunately as thin as paper i was sure it would break at one stage and they would come flying through the wall still in the bed busy with their morning activity.

Just when i thought they were done they would start all over again as if being powered by some battery force.

Talk about stamina.

Amelia could not find me an available apartment three days ago since it was on such short notice but the kind and understanding person she was had suggested i stay with her until i found a new apartment where i wouldn't be discovered. I had been hesitant to agree to stay with her at first and now i was regretting my decision.

Very much

If i heard one more groan,grunt or scream i knew for sure i was going to throw up.

I tugged my trench coat tighter together around my body and blew out the cigarette smoke into the misty air, I watched as the smoke clouded into a thick white color and then disappeared. I was momentarily distracted by the little clouds i was creating that i almost hadn't taken notice of the all black vehicle that very slowly drove past me with the music blaring so loudly i could barely make out the foreign lyrics.

A shudder ran through my spine.

I couldn't see who it was due to the black tinted windows but my gut twisted as i watched it slowly pass me suspiciously before speeding away loudly. My heart sat uncomfortably in my throat whilst i watched the car disappear in the hazy mist.

Perhaps it was a warning to me that someone was watching me,my father perhaps.

Maybe i was just being paranoid.

Blinking i threw my half burnt cigarette to the ground and headed upstairs to the apartment grabbing my purse. I scribbled a note letting Amelia know i was heading out for the morning before i ran out to the street breathing the fresh damp morning air into my lungs, i tucked my purse under my left armpit and shoved my hands into my coat pockets.

I walked past many closed shops and searched a nearby cafe that was open,to my disappointment there was not one i found what was open yet. Very strange.

Whilst walking through the busy streets i studied the people walking by,they had determined looks on their faces while others wore tired expressions. The little school children were walking in groups playing happily on their way to school while others held their mothers hands like they were holding on for dear life.

A smile made its way onto my face as the thought of me holding onto my little boys tiny hand as i walked him into the school gates while carrying my daughter on my hip with my arms wrapped tightly around her tiny body.

I knew that wouldn't happen anytime soon, it doesn't matter how much i longed for the pleasure of motherhood.Right now my first priority was to  get rid of my father before he destroyed my life.

I knew that i also couldn't go back to work since it was in the city center and close to my now abandoned apartment.

I had to once again restart my life and this time i would make certain that there would be no father to ruin it.