Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17:  When the wolves are gone

Antonio’s POV

It was raining, I was freezing my fucking nuts off even in the confines of my office it was still cold as Antarctica in here. I turn on the heater , collapse in my chair and inhale a deep breath. I was back in Brooklyn after my vacation got cut short by three weeks. I could’ve stayed and let Salvo handle it but I was to fucking scared of any fuck ups during the meeting with the Russians, and I’ve been craving some bloodshed. Don’t get me wrong my vacation was great. Fucking amazing evens and no matter how much I loved my wife she’d have to learn that business comes first no matter what. I know she’s furious with my ass for cutting our vacation but hey I’d make up on lost time, maybe work harder at giving her something that’ll keep her busy. You know what I mean.

“Ey boss. You want some espresso? I’m sending two boys to pick some up” Emilio’s voice shouts from outside my office before he walks in with his cell phone to his ears.

“Sure as long as it doesn’t taste like that instant fake shit” I grab a cigarette from my pocket and light it up. Grabbing the newspaper I scan the headlines of the front page hoping that we not some new topic of discussion for those nosey ass reporters. If I could catch the ‘anonymous’ fucker who keeps writing his stinking articles on my family I’d teach him a lesson, maybe cut off a few of his fucking fingers and see how well he writes up bullshit on us again.

“I swear this place got some good espresso, I couldn’t have made it better myself ” Emilio puts his hand on his heart swearing by his word. Probably fucked the barista real good if you asked me.

“Sure. Whatever you say Emilio. Bring Salvo to my office when his done running whatever errand” I take another hit of my nicotine and kill it in the ashtray. Emilio nods and tell the boys on the phone to order one for the boss before cutting the call and pocketing his cell phone.

“More like fucking his nanny ” Emilio breaks out in a laugh causing him to cough and choke a bit. I stare blankly at the man. What the fuck is he evens talking about. Liliana’s nanny is an ugly 70 year old Italian women with the personality of Cruella de Vil. Fuck I’ll have to find out what the hell is going on with the man if his fucking that ugly retard. Emilio’s cough turns into something between wheezing and choking he sound like his getting some type of attack. Fuck now I feel like I should help him, instead I make no move to help and watch the man go into his fit of coughs.

“S *cough*-o *cough*-rry *double cough*” he chokes out the word and disappears probably to get air or some shit. I shake my head and continue to scan the newspaper headlines in peace until a loud commotion perks my ears. What the hell is happening now. I’m back for a hour and there’s already no peace not evens enough for me to finish reading the paper. i get up from my seat throw the damn newspaper onto my desk and leave my warm office to see what the hell is happening. Two women voices, furious ones and a man is what I hear and follow the vulgar words. I reach the scene and cross my arms over my chest almost wanting to laugh if it wasn’t happening in my fucking  warehouse.