//01

• Dedicated to Dylan ♡

she bumped into a boy underneath the awning  of a pizza place. she glanced down, said a quick 'sorry' and walked out into the middle of the rain. she shuddered as her oversized jacket clung to her skin, sticking to her tightly and wrapping around her frame. she traveled from damp pavement to damp pavement, until she reached her apartment. she slipped the key inside the keyhole, and let herself in. the smell of loneliness wafted around her, kissing her head with it's cold lips. 

'yes you are alone. 

always alone

because no one will love you' it whispered to her. she was too weak to deny that anyways.

the boy felt cold. unusually cold. he didn't even know her name, yet he still felt bad. he felt bad about not even offering to walk the girl home, or at the very least hand her his umbrella. even if he had offered the umbrella, he knew she wouldn't have taken it. she seemed to have the forest in her heart. she carried the darkness, and the animals that could somehow creep into her head at night. she carried the forest, because the branches of the plants would forever entangle themselves, get caught in the thorns.

she was complicated, that he knew for sure. 

____________

for dylan, because i kind of love him. a lot.