//17

• Dedicated to You all

she strolled around the park, walking without a destination to head towards. she smiled as she recalled all the memories she had made in this park. she remembered all the memories she made...with ryland.

oh god. she thought to herself. i'ts been six months. 

 ✽

he casually walked with his arm over chastity's shoulder. he didn't feel any sparks when he touched her. he didn't feel anything. the only time person that could make ryland happy was.... eve. 

oh god. he thought. it's been six months. 

eve saw him around sometimes. but she saw him walk around with someone else. some other girl that wasn't her. this time, when she saw him, he was with the same girl, his arm around her shoulder, smiling. she didn't know why she had decided to stop and talk to him. her gut was telling her that she needed to. 

eve walked up to ryland, timidly stepping on the pavement.

"hi," she said, glancing up at the couple. 

"eve, it's-it's great to see you!" ryland said. "oh and this is my..my friend chastity." he motioned over to the girl next to him. chastity smiled a sickly sweet smile. 

"he means, i'm his girlfriend." she giggled, playfully slapping him. ryland just grimaced. 

eve saw him at the coffee house this time, alone. they both sat down quietly, coffees in hand. 

"eve," ryland ventured. "how've you been?"

"fucking fantastic thanks. how's your girlfriend?" she snapped at him. 

"she's a friend. we're through. it never really meant anything. honest." eve smiled at him. 

"we do live in to small a world." ryland commented. 

"a wise man once told me, we in fact live in a large world, and we're just scared to expericence it." eve said. 

"eve, we're back to where we started. we're total strangers. i want to have it all with you. i want the old us back." ryland spoke softly. 

"i missed you." the words sprayed out of eve's mouth. "but, i don't want the old us back. i don't want you. ryland, you already have someone else making you happy." eve glanced down. 

"i missed you too. and you're the only person that makes me happy eve. can't you see? just-just please. let's try again." he pleaded. "okay?"

"okay." eve replied, then laughed. "did we just quote the fault in our stars?" 

"possibly." ryland grinned. 

"i still hate you, you know. you broke my heart." eve said, more coldly than she intended. 

"i know, eve, i know. but i promise that we can get better. we can only get better from here." 

"do you swear it?" eve asked.

"to the stars." he said, touching her cheek. 

_______________________

and the only one who lived happily ever after was ryland's ex girlfriend, chastity. ;)

eating flowers is over. can you believe it? it's been an incredible journey (a very incredibly short journey), and i want to thank you all so much for the support. 

thanks for reading, byeeeeee!

makee