//02

she slipped on her party dress, and opened her door wide. the nameless people piled in, one after the next, bearing smiles and good hearts. 

more people came in.

more people came in.

more people came in. 

 and she felt like she was drowning in the ocean she had made. 

"are you coming?" his friends asked, unaware of what had just happened. "please come with us," said his friends. 

the boy plastered a smile on his face, and agreed to come. his friends were right. he should come. 

oh but his friends were clueless as to what had just happened. 

the rivers of people kept flooding in, and she smiled and laughed with them, but she knew she was digging her grave. she just wanted everyone to want her. 

she greeted him at the door, her eyes fluttering with recognition. 

"hello," he said.

"hello," she replied. 

he had lost sight of her after that, so he just sat in her living room watching everyone else. 

he wanted to go find her. he knocked on a door, then let himself in. he found her, laying on the floor, with her eyelids closed. 

"what's wrong?" he asked, lying down next to her. 

 "i thought i wanted this. i thought i wanted the people to come here. i thought this was me." she said, her hands covering her face, her voice shaking. "i don't want them here." she whispered, shaking her head, looking over at the boy with madness in her eyes. "i don't want them here." her shoulders shook, as she squeezed her eyes closed even more tightly. "i don't want them here. i don't want them here."