The In Between

The next day after the note I tried to act as natural as possible so that no one would notice something was wrong. The first day no one did. It was the second day that Isabelle noticed I was acting strange, jumpy. 

"Are you okay?" Isabelle asked

"Yeah fine. I'm just not feeling quite myself."

"Oh that sounds horrible," Katelyn added. "I wonder why."

"It might be because her mother just died," Penelope offered obviously agitated. 

"That's it. It's because mom's gone. I'm sorry guys I'm just a little down." As I said this even I didn't believe myself. I mean I was down because of mom but that wasn't he only reason I was keeping my deepest secret from my friends. I didn't want them to know, but I was starting to think that it was time for me to be honest with them. "Guys, I need to tell you something, and you have to promise not to tell."

"We promise," they said in unison.

"Okay, after my mom died I got a note in my locker that said, I'm sorry about your mom. It wasn't supposed to happen that way. We just wanted to teach you a lesson. Back off or else. I'm scared guys I need help. I want to know you this is."

"Well we will do everything we can to help you figure out you this is," Isabelle said. 

"Yeah I bet I know already. I bet it's Kaylee, Katy, and Beckie," Katelyn added.

"While they are really mean do you really think that they are capable of murder?" Penelope contributed. 

"You never know. They've done some pretty awful things, and they did say they didn't mean for it to end that way." Is reminded. By the way we call Isabelle Is, Katelyn Kate, and Penelope Pen. 

"Well, I gotta go. If I don't get home soon dad will be mad. He keeps us under such supervision now. It's weird. Almost  like somethings wrong with him too. "

"See ya," Pen said.

"I'm gonna go to,"Kate replied. 

"Alright, I guess me too," Is decided.

"If you're all going I guess I'll go too, but I don't wanna go home!" Pen complained.

"I guess you could home with me." Kate said.

"Absolutely. Anything is better than going home and listening to mom and dad fight," Pen informed.