Firebolts

Kiana

Every since the Forbidden Forest, Kayla, Christian, Cedric and I have actually been hanging out more.

It was now Christmas morning and I'm in the common room with my friends and Christian. We planned to meet up for dinner time with the other two.

"Awe, Cedric really knows me," Hermione blushed as she flipped through her muggle book set Cedric had bought her.

"Oi! HARRY. JAKE. Presents!" Ron called from the edge of the stairs.

I could hear the door from upstairs open and slam shut. The two boys came running down the stairs.

"Another sweater from Mum . . . maroon again . . . see if you've all got one." Ron smiled.

I simply nodded and began ripping my parcel open. Yet again, I have another maroon sweater. I wasn't complaining, I loved it. Made me feel like I was in a family. I noticed Christian has one as well. I first bumped him and he smirked.

"Twinsies," he sang.

I punched his shoulder.

"That's you and Cedric and me and Kayla. Know your boundaries," I said sternly.

I looked up and saw the Harry had another sweater Mrs. Weasley had sent him a scarlet sweater with the Gryffindor lion knitted on the front; also a dozen home-baked mince pies, some Christmas cake, and a box of nut brittle. I noticed two long parcels underneath the tree.

"What's that?" said Ron, looking over, a freshly unwrapped pair of maroon socks in his hand.

"Dunno . . ." I answered.

I grabbed the parcel that had mine and Harry's names on it.

"Harry, this one's yours," I said handing him his parcel.

He nodded and together we ripped it open.

It was a Firebolt. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life.

"Woah!" Christian cooed.

I nodded.

"Miss and Mister Diggory, your brother and sister are outside, shall I let them in?" Sir Cadogen asked.

I nodded.

The portrait door swung open.

"I got a Firebolt!" Cedric cheered.

His eyes then landed on mine and Harry's Firebolt.

"This is weird..." Hermione said.

The  three of us stared at her.

"You all have Firebolts..." Hermione began, "with no name."

"I wonder who sent you guys these," Jake said.

"I know," Ron said excitedly, controlling himself, "I know who it could've been — Lupin!"

"On all three of us?" Cedric said in disbelief.

"What?" Harry said, "Lupin? Listen, if he had this much gold, he'd be able to buy himself some new robes."