The Attack on Ron

Kiana

"AHHHHHHH," someone screamed.

Hermione, Ginny and I all woke up and sat up in our beds. We all ran out of our room only to see all the boys in the common room, followed by the girls after us.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred said excitedly.

"Everyone back upstairs!" Percy said, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pajamas as he spoke.

"Who screamed?" I asked worriedly.

"Perce — Sirius Black!" Ron said, his face pale as a ghost. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

The common room went very still.

"Nonsense!" said Percy, looking startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron — had a nightmare —"

"I'm telling you —" Ron began.

"Now, really, enough's enough!"
Professor McGonagall was back. She slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared furiously around. "I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" said Percy, puffing himself up indignantly. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare —"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

Professor McGonagall stared at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"

"Ask him!" said Ron, pointing a shaking finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw —"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed the portrait back open and went outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!" cried Sir Cadogan.

There was a stunned silence, both inside and outside the common room. My Father tried to attack one of my friends.

"You — you did?" said Professor McGonagall. "But — but the password!"

"He had 'em!" said Sir Cadogan proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!"

"Which person," she said, her voice shaking, "which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"

There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to fluffy-slippered toes, raised his hand slowly into the air.

"Longbottom, I'm ashame —" McGonagall began.

"Professor, if I may, we all know how forgetful Nev is, and it isn't entirely his fault, Sir Cadogan changes the password almost all the time," I said.

"She speaks the truth good lady," Sir Cadogan said.

McGonagall sighed and called Neville to her office.

"Okay, now that this is over, everyone back to their rooms, Jake, Ron, Harry, Dean and Seamus, you'll have to bunk with Fred and George tonight." Percy instructed.

Everyone went up to their rooms except Christian and I. We sat on the common room couch.

"This is mental, I can't believe he actually made it into the common room." Christian sighed.

I nodded.

Ron was never going to forgive me after my father tried to kill him.

"Ron's never going to speak to me again," I sniffled.

Christian wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Sure he will," he smiled.

I shook my head.

"Our father just tried to kill him, do you really think he'd want to speak to me again," I asked.

Christian sighed and shook his head.

Thanks a lot dad.