lcontinued

Carlton & Karra in mm

Carlton POV

After I'd sold Sabrina, I went head first into rock bottom. I had sex with prostitutes, had orgies, and all kind of other stuff with $3,000 worth of cocaine going into my system. I was losing myself and the old me would kill me.

The drugs were what caused me to beat Sabrina. I know I shouldn't blame that on drugs, but had I not been high and hard up for my next high I would never have done any of that stuff to her. The reason I started doing drugs is because after Sabrina's first miscarriage, I fell into a depression. I resented myself for cheating in her. I shouldn't have done that and I felt like it was my fault she lost the baby. That was when I went out, partied all night every night, and got introduced to cocaine.

Over time, I became strongly addicted and spent every penny I had on drugs until I lost my hustle. When I lost my job, I started doing drugs mire heavy and beating in Sabrina whenever I was high. When I sold her, I went into a deeper depression. I started trying to find the love I had with her in strange women.

It all stopped when I hit rock bottom. I had snorted too much cocaine looking for a higher high then I'd ever had before. I overdosed, but luckily one of the women I was with called the police. I woke up in the hospital. I realized then that I'd lost everything I had because of drugs. I'd lost my hustle, my belongings, and the woman I had wanted to make my wife to drugs.

I went to rehab for three months and while I was there, I reported Sabrina missing. I hoped she was alive, but I doubted it. I was so depressed after I left rehab, I went to a lake bridge and was about to jump off when this girl named Karra came up and saved me.

Over a couple weeks, we became close after I told her everything I'd done. She had problems of her own like how she'd just turned 18 and had left her foster home. She had nowhere to go. I took her in. By then I'd gotten a job. Soon, Karra and I started dating and me being drug free and her being there to support me, I proposed. We're engaged now and she is two months pregnant with my child. Over the past six months, my life has changed dramatically.

Now seeing Sabrina in this store, so many feelings and memories are rushing back to me. It's as if I was seeing her for the first time in my life.

"Sabrina." I uttered.

"Ugh!" She huffed before she tackled me and started punching me.

Karra stood to the side wife eyes in shock. My life flashed before my eyes and when I saw the images of me beating Sabrina, I came back. I opened my eyes and pushed her off me. I scooted away from her and started hyperventilating.

"What the hell!? Carlton baby are you okay?" Karra asked.

"Yes. This is Sabrina." I said introducing her.

"Oh.... well..." she was speechless.

I knew I deserved what I got, and she did too. That's why she wasn't coming to my defense. She still didn't know what to say to Sabrina or if she wanted to talk to her at all. I stood up and watched a crying Sabrina run out of the store leaving her stuff.

"She beat you bad man!" A random guy said.

I looked at my reflection in the freezer glass and saw my face was just as bruised and bloody as I used to make Sabrina's. That was when I knew I needed to find Sabrina and apologize for all the things I'd done and pay her back the $70,000 I'd taken from her over the years. Then, I'd leave her alone. I knew she didn't want me anymore and that I didn't deserve to be in her life. I just wanted to make the years of torture up to her.

Comment and vote.