Waking Up

After the party was over, the old couple explained to May that they had found her on their doorstep as a baby, and they had no idea where she had come from. When May went to bed that night, she got ready as normal, brushing her teeth and combing her hair until it was as soft as silk, but she did lock her window for she had no idea what people would do if they found out that she had wings. She had a very hard time that night going to sleep, with the extra mass on her back, it was quite hard to find a comfortable position. At exactly midnight that night, she was awakened by a small tapping on her window, as she got up to investigate, a large sack was pulled over her head, and she fell unconscious onto the floor...

May woke up at around noon, in a small cottage. A little old woman was tending to a stew on the antique stove, and there was a fire burning in the fireplace in the corner. There was a young man sitting next to it on a rickety wooden chair who looked unusually like Vine. He had a smirk on his face and was looking right at her. He motioned to the old woman, and she immediately hustled over to her and handed her a bowl with a delicious smelling rabbit stew, seasoned with fresh basil and sage. May got up, and went to sit down at the small table in the center of the room, and realized that she was dressed in a brown flowy dress that almost looked like leaves but it was as soft as rabbit fur. As she scarfed down the stew, the old woman and the young man just stared at her and waited for her to finish.