The Great Rebellion

The Great Rebellion

Burgeon was a good king and a great father. He married human female and gave her the bangarang and out popped the weasel, AKA Farick Burgeon, or as I prefer to call him Burgeon. Jr.

When Junior was still a child, he was constantly teased by the Folk children. Let's just say his childhood was a kind of sad one, but his father tried to make it up to him by taking him to the different places in Burgeon Isle, like the Northern Snowlands, the Meadows, and his favorite place, the Grand Forest. Too bad these places are blown to pieces and are now separated from mainland.

But good things don't last very long, Burgeon died of disease, poor dude really, died in pain. That bullcrap saying that if you do good you get good in return? Yeah, that's true, to an extent. The Spirits, AKA, the deities that the Folk worship decided to turn Burgeon into one of them. Due to an accident Burgeon ascended too early, that meant painful death.

Sure his father ascended into a better place but his child on the other hand, scorned the Spirits and blamed them for taking his father away from him. Knowing that he can't strike out at them for they are all powerful immortal beings, he took it out on their worshipers. The worship of the Spirits was banned and this angered many Folk, it became worst when they were forced to convert into Christianity. Those who did not listen were executed, familiar much?

The Folk listened, for a while. It wasn't long before a rebellion broke out. Kilas Hek, strong believer of the Spirit of the Earth, a Lion Folklet, started the rebellion movement. It started small, Burgeon. Jr didn't even notice it at first. When he did, it was already too late, Kilas already had huge number of supporters. Since those who worshiped the Spirits were put to death, Burgeon. Jr set out to exterminate them all.

Those who weren't Folk or Human, like goblins, Trolls, etc, had to pick sides. The Greatfoxes joined the Folk side, obviously, we had to support our Fox Folk kin. The war was horrible, since both sides wielded steel and magic, they were often met in a bloody stalemate. Magic usually decided who will win the skirmishes, usually.

That war gave Burgeon Isle something it has never seen before, the anger of humanity. The anger was so strong it became something like a aura whenever humans marched into battle, the dark creatures that drank and fed on the emotions of the Folk, changed their diet just to feed on the anger of the humans. Needless to say, if something eats enough and the right kind of food it will grow. This is exactly what created the Dark Lord that it still told in campfire stories of today. His name was Cascus.

He looked a lot like a man, yet,not like one. His skin as dark as night, his eyes glowing with yellow fury. I think that's how they said it. It's said that he landed right in the middle of a battle, and although weapon less he was strong enough to take down ten soldiers in one strike. Since his creation was through anger, he directed his anger upon everything around him. As both sides clashed, Cascus was caught in between. It was like running face first into a detonated nuke. No one survived to tell what happened on that horrible day.

When heard of this new threat, Burgeon. Jr decided to use 'that dark horrendous beast' as a weapon against the Folk. Marris warned him not to, but did he listen? Yes actually. Names have power, as they say. Upon hearing Burgeon. Jr calling upon him, Cascus appeared in the middle of his throne room. When he saw Burgeon. Jr demanded to know who he was, turns out Cascus didn't have a name that time, but Marris called him Cascus, the Dark Lord. Right after he heard his name he smashed his way out of the palace, proving Marris' point.

Kilas on the other had saw Cascus as an unstoppable force. Being a worshiper of the Spirits, he consulted them for guidance. He was lucky to be heard, as the Spirit of Death and the Spirit of Life heard him. They appeared because Cascus' appearance didn't just cause havoc in the mortal realm, it also caused havoc in the afterlife. People not finding peace, more and more unnatural deaths, more paperwork, and Death even had to expand Limbo! Limbo is endless!

I know it seems hard to believe but trust me, Burgeon Isle was bigger and had more people back then. And it was during the olden days, there's already loads of people dying, plus Cascus? Overload!