Dwarves. Hairy, Loud, Drunk.

{Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone. Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home. Steel in our hearts, skin made of stone.} - Dwarven Pride Chant.

When there are goblins, and their bigger subspecies called Orcs. As well as the now rare Troll that originates from Norse Mythology. There will always be the Dwarves. Why do you think the Vikings had stories about the Dwarves and their mountain keeps? If one would go deep enough underground, they would hear the sound of metal hitting rock, the sound of whooping laughter, and sometimes a burping sound. Scientists say that it's just the sound of the Earth's crust moving or something like that. Not even close. Those are the sound of dwarves.

Their discovery occured during the middle of the Great Rebellion. When Kilas, the Rebel-Lion-Wait...really? Rebel-LionReally? Anyways, he was leading his troops in the icy north of the Burgeon Isle in an attempt to ambush the Slayers, Burgeon's army from behind since the Slayers were moving west in an attempt to sent up an ambush to take down another of Kilas' army that was moving southwest. They were stopped by Mount Ljóssiss, named after Ljóssiss the Spirit of Ice, the the mountain was unscalable, and there was no way Kilas would have went around the mountian without losing his people to the cold. Besides that blasting a way through the mountain would have angered the Spirit of Ice, and Kilas, by all means is not human, a human would have blasted a hole through the mountain and walk through it, due to practical reasons. A human would have also declared war on the dwarves that live within the mountain all their lives.

Apparently, the Earth's crust moves and moved land over the millions of years to create the mountain. The Dwarves were the attempts of the Spirit of Earth to create human-like life. That turned out pretty well for her, really. The Dwarves had skin of made of stone and iron in their bones, tough and hard creatures. About 4 feet tall, but they can carry twice their weight with ease. Kilas called onto the Spirits to help him, the Earth answered. She answered in the form of dwarven miners who took the wrong turn and ended up outside their mountain and their foreman literally bumped into KIlas. Kilas saw it as the Earth subtly answering his cry for help, and honored the arrival of the dwarves like they were old friends. The dwarves were suprised by Kilas' warm welcome, especially with the dwarves never encountering Folk before. All seriousness aside they were also astounded by Kilas' magnificent mane-beard thing. With him being a Lion Folket and all, he grew a magnificent mane-beard that can be described as full and epic, not something like the exploded weasel nest that some dwarves had. 

The dwarves led Kilas and his men through the tunnels that they've dug, it was a pain in the back since the dwarves were shorter than Kilas, some of them were forced to crawl, some were too big so they were slowed down as the dwarves tried to expand the tunnel that they've dug for the bigger folk. 

There Kilas saw the magnificence of dwarven architecture, and their great statues of their dwarves heroes who have defend their mountain keep against the wild goblins that tried to take it over. The dwarven king of that time, King Llundein Brass-Amber, wanted to test Kilas strength. As any dwarf would do, he sent Kilas to deal with the goblins that were harassing their miners. Kilas agreed, and he agreed to do it alone. After all they were just goblins right?

Wrong.

Apparently the dwarves dug the wrong way and hit a nest of cave goblins, those things are like ants that walked on two legs and were heavily armed with shovels and stone axes. Their 'king' was apparently a troll, who didn't really want to fight the dwarves, but it was the dwarves who attacked them first. Kilas struck a deal with the troll, so Kilas would challenge the king to a one on one brawl, if Kilas wins, the goblins have to make peace with the dwarves. If Kilas fails, well he fails. The brawl was pretty one sided, with Kilas being a Lion-Folk and all, he overpowered the troll king and pushed him out of the ring. Lions can kill a buffalo in one swipe if you didn't know. It was a wise plan, not only did it make Kilas famous with the dwarves, it also made the goblins listen to their king more. 

Kilas made peace between two nations without actual bloodshed, and the dwarves and goblins found peace that will last a couple of centuries. Both the kings agreed to join Kilas' cause against the humans, the dwarves fought for the Spirit of the Earth, the goblins fought for...the sake of fighting I guess.

Do not by all means challenge one to a fight. You will lose. Their skin is literally as tough iron, and their bones are as hard as steel.