Chapter Four: Black Fever

Jamaica was nervous as she paced back and forth waiting for the doorbell to ring. Miriam watched her and snickered to herself. She was leaned against the wall in the hallway with her arms crossed over her chest.

"You know that this isn't a big deal, right?" Miriam asked.

"How is it not?" Jamaica asked and glared at her sister.

"Well, it isn't supposed to be a date, right? And you are going to tell him that you are dating Giovani, right?"

"Yes and yes."

"So, stop pacing and fretting and doing a whole lot of extra because you aren't going on a date with him." Miriam laughed. Jamaica sighed and nodded. As soon as she went to take a seat on the couch, the bell rang.

"Shit!" she cursed to herself making Miriam laugh even more. She walked to the door slowly and peeped through the peep hole.

"Just open it!" Miriam snapped and Jamaica flung the door open.

"Jamaica!" Justin said, "I see you are as beautiful as ever still. It is so nice to see you."

"Thank you," Jamaica said and blushed, "why don't you come and say hi before we go." Justin walked in and spotted Miriam, who had slipped to the kitchen table. He walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"How have you been, Justin?" Miriam asked.

"Just travelling. I finished my tour, so I am going to be home for a while. I am probably going to be in the studio often but that is about it," Justin said.

Jamaica just stared at him. He was every bit of gorgeous. He had tannish skin, light brown eyes, and medium pink lips. His hair was cut low on the sides and in the back, while it was longer at the top. He had a slight mustache and peach fuzz on his chin. Both of his ears were pierced and accented with small hoops. He was tall and slender with square shoulders. There was a tattoo on the back of his neck and behind his right ear. He had called Jamaica's name but she didn't hear a she was gazing at him.

"Jamaica," he said again pulling her out of her trance.

"Yes?" she asked blinking a few times.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a laugh, "I was seeing if you were ready to go."

"I am fine and yeah I am ready."

"Nice seeing you Miriam," Justin said as he walked to the door. Miriam followed behind Jamaica.

"Try not to fuck him in your brain at dinner. You look like you are spacing out," Miriam whispered into Jamaica's ear with a chuckle. Jamaica glared at her sister.

"Don't wait up," Jamaica said. Miriam stuck her tongue out and shut the door.

Drita was at her house finishing up her packing. She had enough clothes for a few weeks but she knew that Andrew would buy her anything she wanted. She had decided to go because this was the only time Andrew had off. He was a professional basketball player and at the moment the season was over. He had four months off before the season started back up. They were only going to be gone for a month or so because Andrew had to be back in September to start training camps and practices. Marshall walked into the room and watched as his wife zipped her suitcase.

"Why are you watching me?" Drita asked and rolled her eyes.

"I can't look at you?" Marshall asked, "I think you should go kiss your kid good night. I think that this is a really weird time to be leaving but yeah."