Chapter Two: Proposals

Jamaica sat in the kitchen drinking black coffee. She was staring out the window with her breath caught in her chest. It wasn't unusual for her to be staring out the window but today she was looking at her sexy new neighbor, who also happened to be a boy who was way out of her league in grad-school.

"I see you're staring at the new neighbor... again," Miriam said walking in, "why don't you go talk to him? He has been asking about you. I think he likes you."

"Uh no! I am not going on a date with him. Giovani Patel was a douche in school," Jamaica said.

"OMG! Stop avoiding men! You got hurt one time. You can't just shun all men because of that. People change Jamie!"

"Says the girl who has been with the same guy since sophomore year in high school. The same guy who forgave you when you slept with like thirty other guys during your slut phase. He gave me chlamydia which led to a miscarriage which led to pelvic inflammatory disease which could more than likely prevent me from having children. So excuse me for wanting to shun of all men!"

"Boo fucking hoo! Go over there and have brunch with that man. You may not be able to have children but there are a bunch of other options and you still need someone to rock your socks off."

"No." Jamaica said.

"Go!" Miriam snapped.

Jamaica sighed and stood from her seat. She wore a bright pink sundress and blue heels. Her jewelry matched her shoes and her curly hair was pulled into a bun.

"You might like him."

Matt walked into the kitchen and kissed Miriam.

"Morning," he said.

"Matt." Jamaica said and left the house.

"What's her deal?"

"She is about to go have brunch with El Salvador over there," Miriam said pointing to the neighbor out the window.

"Oh, okay. What would you like for breakfast?"

"When are we getting married, Matt?"

"Miriam, I told you we could get married when we could afford a wedding."

"But Jamaica said she would take care of all the expenses."

"I don't want her paying for my wedding."

"And I don't want a bastard child!" Miriam stood from the table and stormed out.

"Miriam!" Matt called.

Jamaica was pacing on the porch belonging to Giovani Patel, her sexy neighbor. The door opened and she jumped.

"I've been watching you stand and pace on my porch for fifteen minutes. Do you want something?" Giovani asked.

"I was wondering if you had a cup of sugar," Jamaica said.

"Seriously, Big Bad Wolf?"

"Okay, no. I came to ask if you wanted to have brunch with me."

"Oh, now you want to go out with me? Yeah, you can treat me."

Jamaica rolled her eyes, "where do you want to go?"

"I actually already cooked. Come on in."

Giovani walked into the house and Jamaica followed him. She watched him and how his muscles flexed with every move. He was an artist. He sculpted and painted and he was very famous. He also worked out five times a week and ran for an hour every day. Jamaica propped herself in the high chair next to the island in the center of the kitchen.