Chapter Three: Lunch for the Soul

Marshall had taken Jamaica to his Long Beach home, where they could be alone without neighbors and cameras. The house was beautiful and medium sized. It held four bedrooms, four bathrooms, two living rooms, a dining area, and a backyard patio that overlooked the beach.

"So, tell me about yourself. What made you write up this business proposal? If you are going to be the mother of my child, I have to make sure you aren't crazy," Marshall said and laughed. Jamaica chuckled and sighed. It was only fair that she tell him.

"I was pregnant once and I lost the child. So I've always wanted a baby. I am single and according to my doctor, my clock is ticking. Please don't ask why. I fell in love with the idea of you when I was a young girl. I figured I needed to know everything about you and that is what really influenced my decision. Comparing all of my celebrity crushes, I chose the one best fit to father a child for me. It was you." Jamaica smiled slightly and took a sip of her Pepsi.

"Okay, that answers other questions that I have but tell me about you."

"Well, everything they tell you about me in my fame is who I am. I am a writer, store owner, and active in the community. I have a big family and I am very happy with myself. A child would simply complete me but if you want to know the extras. I have a PhD in English, I own stores all over the country, and I still watch cartoons."

"Very interesting," Marshall said as he began to clear the table where they had eaten.

Jamaica stood and grabbed a few dishes. They walked into the kitchen and put their items in the sink. Marshall watched Jamaica as she turned on the faucet.

"I have something important to get to in a few hours," Jamaica said softly as she rinsed her hands.

"Well, that gives us time." Marshall backed her into the refrigerator and kissed her. Jamaica put her hands up and smiled slightly. She was a bit uncomfortable.

"I would but I am not really in the mood. Reschedule?" she asked.

"That's fine."

Marshall didn't know why he wanted to have sex with her. Maybe it was because his wife wasn't giving him enough attention or the fact that he hadn't had sex until she had come around but he didn't want to make her feel like he was pressuring her.

"Thanks." Jamaica smiled and patted his shoulder.

Miriam was dumbfounded as she looked at Jamaica who sat next to her on the couch. She began to laugh. She had rearranged the photos in the glass coffee table.

"You turned down sex from the man you've been wanting to have sex with your whole life?" she asked.

"Shut up!" Jamaica snapped with a laugh, "I can't help that I was feeling a bit uncomfortable and didn't want to have sex with him in his kitchen, where his wife cooks and eats."

"Oh yeah, he is married. I can't tell. They are hardly ever together. Maybe they are going to get a divorce and he is going to come flying in on his jet and confess his love for you, then like planned, you adopt his children and have a few of your own and live happily ever after. The end."

"Seriously Miriam? Even fairy tales don't have a happy ending anymore. I mean you are pregnant and have been engaged for five years. Where is your happily ever after?" Jamaica sighed, "I just want to find someone who isn't a dickbag."

"Well, you still have Giovani. Marshall Walton may not be the one for you but there are so many people who would love to see you. Which reminds me. Justin called." Miriam began to smile.