Chapter 1

iMessage

Unknown- hello

Tasha- Hi. Um who is this?

Unknown- I wanted to talk to someone for the last time. But there's no one, that's part of why I am here now.

Tasha- What do you mean? Where are you?

Unknown- On a bridge.

Tasha- What are you doing there?

Unknown- I'm going to end my life today. I typed a random number, I'm sorry to bother you. I just wanted to...

Tasha- no need to apologize. Don't do that. Don't kill yourself. What were you gonna say?

Unknown- I have a favor to ask you. I'm not going to be able to do it myself. Obviously. Lol.
Will you accept?

Tasha- I'll do it if you promise to live.

Tasha- Hello?

Tasha- Answer

Tasha- are you there

Tasha- alright, I'll do it. Anything.

Unknown- thanks. First I need you to answer a few questions. Who are you?

Tasha- Well my name is Tasha. I'm a senior at South Bronx Academy. My parents are divorced. This week I'll be staying with my mom. My brother managed to leave for college before they split. So he's the lucky one. Idk. What else.... Oh and I run cross country. I got third place last year.

Unknown- Those are all the facts others know about you. What about something only you know about yourself. Who. Are. You.

Tasha- you mean like my deepest darkest desires. That kinda thing?

Unknown- sure

Tasha- well this is a one-sided convo. I kno nothing about you.

Unknown- What do you wanna know?

Tasha- why are you sad. And what bridge you're on, so I can come to you.

Unknown- like I'm going to tell you that.

Tasha- fine if you're going to do that to me. And in a city with the most number of bridges in the world! I feel like taking a long walk anyway.

Unknown- don't waste your time

Tasha- just give me one hint.

Tasha- what do you see when you look north?

Unknown- a blue neon sign. The light is off on the letter O. There's a bird-nest inside the O. There's a crane to the right.

Tasha- Awesome. As a thank you for the hint, I'll tell you a secret. This is probably a terrible idea. The guys are gonna kill me. But you know what.

Unknown- I'm going to take it to the grave.

Tasha- exactly ;). I'm kidding. Don't do anything stupid and you know about three months ago a house burned down on Lithia street. The Lee family. Mr and Mrs lee went to dinner with their older daughter. Only the baby and the baby sitter were home. It started out as a stupid dare. Scott said we needed to get pay back for what mr. Lee said to us at the convenience store. He threatened to call the cops to tell our parents we were trying to buy booze.

Unknown- it was you?

Tasha- we made a couple of  Molotov cocktails. One thing led to another.... The babysitter must have been asleep.. I regretted it.... But anyways.... Hey! I think I see the neon sign it's not so far away. You're across from my bridge.

Unknown- You could have called the fire department. You could have done something. You didn't have to let it burn to the ground.

Tasha- Yeah, well

Unknown- That's all you have to say? Two people died because of YOU.

Tasha- I was scared.

Unknown- this is funny, this is really funny. So who are you really, an arsonist?

Tasha- I made a mistake. Haven't you?

Unknown- You know that favor I was gonna ask you. I was gonna ask you to tell my parents that I love them and this isn't their fault. But now I'm asking you to confess. Can you do that?

Tasha- fuck no. Are you kidding me? I'll end up in jail. I just turned 18 last month. It's gonna be a full sentence. I'm not gonna fucking rot in jail.

Unknown- you have a chance to redeem. By facing what you did. Otherwise, you know who you are. A bad person.

Tasha- and who you are? A saint I guess.

Unknown- well we all make mistakes. The difference is a good person repents. How could you live with yourself?

Tasha- The lees are assholes anyway. They really got it coming.

Unknown- I see. By justifying yourself. My dad lost his store he can't even hold himself together. My mother had a mental breakdown and is now drugged stupid in insane asylum. You tore our family apart. You killed my little brother. But you know what. I'm not gonna waste my life. I'm going to live it and enjoy knowing you are locked up. You won't get away with this.

Unknown- The universe is really fair. Of all the numbers, it's yours that i typed in. I never thought I would say this to a murderer. Thanks for saving my life. And for the confession.

Tasha- I can see you, you stupid bitch. You can throw yourself or I'll push you myself.

Tasha-Hey stop running let's talk about this.

Tasha- Srsly? You're not gonna outrun me.

Tasha- alright then.

Tasha- don't say I didn't warn you.

Tasha- But one last thing.

Tasha-     effective.
Power
لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً h

End of chapter: Comment And Vote