6

"Okay?" I say unsurely looking at Claire.

"My nephews, they're out in the valley. Please if anything happens to them." She rushed out. Owen grabbed us and pulled us to the side with less people.

"How old?" He asked her.

"The, uh, the older one is high school age." She made a gesture as to how tall. "The younger one he's um , he's a few years-"

"You don't know how old your nephews are?" Owen asked in disbelief. She looked speechless.

After that encounter with her the three of us took off to rescue her nephews.

I sat with Owen in the front as Claire sat in the back.

She was currently trying to call the older one but he didn't answer and she was starting to freak out.

"Claire you need to calm down, okay? I promise you they will be fine." I told her trying to calm her. She just nodded and stared out the window.

Owen stopped the car once we've reached the valley.

"O my god." I muttered once I looked out the windshield.

'Stay in the car." Owen told us as he got out carrying a shotgun. I watched him walk up to the head of the dinosaur.

"Stay in the car." I told Claire as I got out. I walked up on the other side and knelt down in front of her. I gently placed my hand on her as she was breathing heavily. I looked at her sadly. Poor thing. She quickly lifted her head.

"It's okay. Your okay." Owen quietly calmed the dinosaur getting her to rest her head back down as Claire came out of no where and sat next to me with tears in her eyes. I looked away and stood up walking ahead as the dino took her last breath. I saw the other scattered dead bodies of the brachiosaurus'.

Owen came to my side.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"It didn't eat them." I stated ignoring his question.

"It's killing for sport." Owen stated. Claire gasped as she saw the dead dinosaurs.

After that we found a path that led off road so that's the way we chose to go.

We eventually found the gyro-sphere but it was completely destroyed.

We all got out of the car. I walked towards it and spotted one of the Indominous' teeth stuck in it. I pull my knife to take it out getting a good look at it.

"No. Oh, no, no, no." I hear Claire mumbling as she dropped to the ground, picking up a shattered cell phone.

"Hey." Owen said getting Claire and I's attention. He pointed to the mud. "They made it out." Claire sighed in relief. I followed Owen as we followed the trail which led to a cliff where the trail ended.

"Oh my god they jumped." Claire exclaimed.

"Brave kids." Owen commented.

"Zach. Grey." Claire shouted alarming Owen and I. I quickly slap my hand over her mouth.

"Can you shut up." I hissed. She pushed my hand away glaring at me.

"I am not one of your damn animals." She stated.

"Listen. Those kids are still alive, but the three of us will not be if you continue to scream like a banshee." I told her. She turns to Owen.

"You can pick up their scents can't you? Uh, track their footprints?" She whispered. I lightly snorted.

"I was with the navy not the Navaho." Owen responded.

'What do we do? What should we do?" She frantically asks.

"You and Lizzie go back. I'll find them." He said. I look at him in disbelief.

"We'll find them." I corrected him. He gave me a look.

"No. No way." Owen stated is voice going back to normal. I place my hands on my hips.

" I wasn't asking for permission, soldier." I told him.

"If she's going so am I." Claire stated. I shook my head.

"Claire no offense but you'll slow us down...especially in those shoes." I tell her. "Look I promise you we will find your nephews and trust me when I say tis, that it will go faster if you head back." She reluctantly agreed to go back. We walked her back to the truck and watched her drive off.

"Since when did you start calling me soldier?" Owen asks. I felt my face heat up. I shook it off with a shrug.

"I dunno. Is there a problem with it?" I asked him giving him a side glance. He shook his head.

"No." He answered.

"All right then. Shall we?" I ask him as I began walking put he pulled me back.

"Let's get one thing straight I'm in charge out here. You do everything I say, you got that?" I smiled and nodded.

"Whatever you say." I said with a smirk.

________________________

Vote/Comment