Chapter 2

(Authors note):

I'm going to write from the beginning of the day as Derek,sorry if he's out of character.

(D.P.O.V)

It was 4am I'd been awake for hours I couldn't sleep. It seems like every time I close my eyes I hear their screams. I stared at the charcoal walls I could have stopped this if I didn't fall in love! I slowly drifted of thinking of them...my family.

I grabbed my phone 7:40 am just the right time to call my beta for training, i scrolled through my contacts until I came to the name 'Pup'.

'Derek, my Alpha , my man wasssup' Scott really knew how to irritate me sometimes.

'Scott shut up, come train now' I could literally hear Scott's mouth clamp shut. I really did love being the Alpha.

"Bring Stiles to I could really use somebody to make me angry so I can kick your ass" I hoped I didn't sound to desperate for Stiles,after all I was the Alpha and I didn't need anyone.

"Yes Derek, bye"

"Bye"

I pulled on my white tank top , Stiles always stunk of arousal when I wore it. Scott was to young to tell what different smells meant but I could smell it thick and delicious. Stiles always smelt delicious, my inner wolf howled as I heard the familiar sound of Stiles' jeep.

As I swung open my door and stood on my porch I could feel his eyes on me , I could taste his scent on the tip of my tongue. When he walked up to me I couldn't help but stare at the way them hips moved, how he almost wiggled.

"Hi, I'm just going to sit in the kitchen and watch paint peel". Crap I needed to respond before Scott or Stiles realised I was staring. I just grunted, I actually just grunted couldn't I have done anything better. I could have shoved him or something at least I would seem normal.

Scott was practically bouncing next to me so I had no time to correct my mistake. I dragged Scott into the back yard and tried my best to distract myself from the younger teen who was now biting his nails. Those hands were near his mouth just were I wanted to be.

I felt pain surge through my back , I was pinned against a tree and I was the Alpha, I should have never lost focus. My Alpha was screaming inside of me it wanted to kill Scott and show him who was boss. I moved my right hand towards Scott's throat when suddenly I felt a tug deep inside of me. Almost like something or someone was pulling me away. Somebody was trying to protect me and my wolf could feel it. My Alpha submitted it had found him. It's mate. It couldn't be! I turned my head to look at the boy.

Stiles. My mate, my eyes faded back to the calm greeny grey I was at peace. I could feel everything Stiles wanted. He just wanted to protect me and love me. As I stared into his love struck chocolate brown eyes , I knew I had to protect him and that's just what I'd do.

"Scott go, just run. Go" I roared at him, Scott submitted and dragging his tail behind him ran into the forest.

I turned towards the kitchen and started to walk, I couldn't let him get hurt. I've loved before and look where that got me, Kate burnt down my family and destroyed me. I loved my family I was their little champion. And now their gone because of me. I couldn't allow for Stiles to get hurt or for me to get destroyed. So I put up my shield and walked inside.

"Hey sourwolf what's wrong" Stiles was so innocent I couldn't burden him, I was a burden to his father already.

"Nothing" I'm murmured I really couldn't hurt him or myself.

"Oi big bad Alpha, something happened back there either you tell me what it was or I will use my awesome Google skills to find out , Google is my best friend and he slash she will tell me all I need to know" I couldn't let Stiles find out this way not through an Internet search.

"Look Stiles it's just complicated. I'm not good at this stuff, I don't do feelings not since." I drifted of I couldn't bring myself to mention the day that burnt my life down. Literally.

"The fire I get it I do.when my mum died I used to have panic attacks and I never used to sleep well, sometimes I would just go out and sit in the woods and think. I get how much it hurts Der I really do but you can't live in the dark forever. You've always got a shield up for once just talk to me."

Stiles did exactly what I used to do. He understood me in ways only my family did. He was my mate and I knew it. I really couldn't tell him maybe if I showed him instead.

"Stiles come with me, I can't explain but just let me show you please?" I grabbed Stiles' hand and pulled him towards the stairs, my heart was racing an my wolf was whining it needed Stiles to see. I pulled Stiles up the stairs and across the half boarded landing.

" what are you trying to show me" Stiles was wriggling on the spot as we stopped outside the door, behind this door was something I'd never shown anybody not even Scott.

"Shhh, Stiles you will see" I turned the door handle and pushed the door open; I tensed as Stiles tightened his grip on my hand. This felt so right. Hopefully he didn't find it creepy....

(Authors note):

So everyone that was chapter 2, I know Derek is out of character and its a bit all over the place, I'm just a bad writer sorry. What do you think is behind the door? It's not smutty maybe later on if you wish.

THANKS SO MUCH xxxxx