Chapter 25: Sinful Companions

Vergil stood looking out over the edge of the balcony contemplating his next moves or attempting to. His thoughts were still on last night and they only pushed further toward the forefront of his mind as he remained leaning on the railing where it all took place. The sun was rising and Alyx still lay sleeping in his bed where he had carried her after she fell asleep in his arms on the balcony. It was rare that he shared a bed with anyone let alone have them there all night but he had enjoyed her. I may need to consider keeping her around. He considered the thought as entertainment but not in the form that most women would want or hope for. He didn't need love or affection. Sex in its simplicity as a physical act was a different story however. This could either turn into something good or an unnecessary distraction which he didn't need but he considered taking the risk. She was excellent. I want more. He tried not to over analyze his own thoughts but after all that he was certain she felt the same.

Alyx awoke in Vergils bed which he must of carried her to since she didn't recall walking there. She looked around but her clothes seemed to must be where they were thrown down. Wrapping herself in one of his sheets she walked back to the balcony to find Vergil half dressed and looking over the edge. She enjoyed the view of his strong shoulders exposed and leaning against the edge that they were so recently on intertwined together. She noticed her clothes still carelessly laying on the ground. At least he didn't rip them off. She smiled at the thought and snuck up behind him. She could see the tense energy surrounding him as she walked up behind him and slipped her arms around him she could feel it ease it's way out of him. The warmth of his skin radiating through the thin sheet and she only wanted to hold him tighter.

"Sleep well?" He asked as he noticed her behind him. He was a little caught off guard since he was to deep within his own thoughts to notice her approaching until she had actually touched him. The sheet that covered her was thin and he could feel her pressed against him through it. Since those thoughts were still in his mind it was almost enough to take her back into his room or right there on the ledge again since that had played out nicely the first time.

"I did. Did you carry me to bed?" She was a bit surprised at how well she had slept but he did a good job of getting her very relaxed. She had never been so caught up in a moment that she had lost control of her wings.

"I did." He turned to face her. I want to take that sheet away. He let his hands find their way to her hips and pulled her toward him. "You probably need to be going don't you?" He sighed not sure of what answer he wanted to hear from her.

"I probably should before it's my sister who is looking for me" she saw the disappointment on his face and she knew she didn't want to leave just yet. She had left a note telling Luna who she was with and she was probably to busy with Dante to even have noticed Alyx wasn't there yet.

"Maybe I don't want to let you go yet."
"I may not fight if you tried to keep me " she flirted.

"Will you come see me again?" He held her closer to him as he looked into her eyes.

She felt her heart flutter a bit and that heat within her begin to rise. "When do you want me?" She left that open to interpretation to see how he would respond.

"Now." He whispered slowly In her ear. The heat of his breath sending a chill over her making her clutch the sheet tighter. "Are you getting shy on me?" He asked as he saw that she was holding the sheet tighter.

"Not at all its just a little cold." It made her smile to see that the stressful energy surrounding vanished beneath her touch.

"I can warm you up." He kissed her slowly. Why do I want her? Usually he was able to hold out longer than this but she put him at ease and with everything going on and his plans going so slowly he needed that.

"I bet you can" she barely could get the words out as he continued to kiss her. He lifted her up and held her close. She wrapped her legs around his waist as best as she could still being tangled in the sheet so he could carry her easier back inside. Damn I still left my clothes outside. She smiled to herself.

He layed her down on his bed gently. With her hands still at his neck she pulled him down with her. He knew he should stop distracting himself since he had things he needed to do but he couldn't resist her. What is she doing to me?

"You seemed so buttoned up or rough around the edges or whatever. I never expected all of this."

"Would you have preferred things had gone differently? "

"I am more than satisfied with how things turned out. I really do need to get going though. "He backed away and sit down on the bed beside her so she could get back up.

Vergil ran a hand through his hair pushing it back. He didn't want her to go she made him feel better. He was tempted to lock her up and just not let her leave but he resisted "There are people who would want the information you now possess. If anyone asks you don't know where I'm staying. "

"Who's looking for you? " she wouldn't tell anyone where he was but she was curious.

"It doesn't matter but to keep you safe it would be best if this is kept just between us."

"I already told my sister. ..well kind of"

"What did you tell her?"

She could see the tension in him coming back. She rested a hand on his shoulder "I told her I was meeting a handsome stranger" she smiled and his energy changed again.

"That is acceptable" he leaned in kissing her again in a way that he was sure made her not want to leave even more. "You better come back to me."

"I will"