Chapter 28: Riot and Rebellion

It had been a few days that Alyx went to supposedly look for information for Luna and Dante had followed her learning the truth. Luna had noticed instantly upon his return a day after he had left that he had been right about where her sister had gone. Luna wanted to believe that it was all a miss understanding and he hadn't seen what he had thought he did but he had no reason to lie to her unlike Alyx. Alyx had apparently found a connection with Vergil and maybe that had happened before she knew who he was but she still lied about knowing where he was and worse she lied about knowing information about Malcolm when she knew getting revenge meant everything to Luna.

"Stop pouting. Let's go out and kill something to make you feel better." Dante picked up his jacket pulling it on as he looked over at Luna sitting on the end of the bed with her chin resting in her hands. Dante had tried to keep her mostly distracted going on with business as usual and getting her to help as Kat took calls and kept track of progress on her maps. He knew she was still disappointment and he could relate. He went through the same thing with Vergil being happy to find out he finally had family then how everything turned out wasn't as expected and it was disappointing. Dante wouldn't change his mind on how he felt though and after Vergil had his meeting with Luna there was even less chance of forgiveness in Dantes eyes.

"Is there anything left to kill?" Luna rolled her eyes not really in the mood since Alyx still hadn't returned and even with what Dante had seen she wanted an explanation.

"I'm sure we can find something."

"I don't really feel like it. I think I'll stay here today. You can go without me"

"You don't need to worry about her. She made a stupid decision let her live with it. When we get a chance I'll help you track down that guy"

"I know you will but how when she was our way to him"

"Well if there's a nephilim causing trouble wouldn't the big bad angel boss come running. Even faster if word gets out that his daughter may be captured by one."

"She's with him willingly though."

"They don't need to know that. All that matters is she is at the same place he is and if he's still the same Vergil then she probably isn't leaving his side easily. "

"What's the plan?" Luna stood up intrigued.

"There's this place called Cloud 9 it's an angel club. I'm guessing there has got to be at least one person that goes there with a connection to Malcolm so if we go there and make a scene then we draw him in." He looked pleased with his plan. "If we mention Vergils name then maybe Malcolm will do me a favor before we kill him and take care of Vergil like I should have done. If not we'll handle that next."

"They'll think we're part of the army I heard of."

"Then it's time to go to war." He smiled wickedly. "Are you in?"

"Game on!"

"You really have to stop stealing my lines." He gave her a look that made her laugh.

Luna grabbed her sword and followed Dante out of the shop. Time to start a riot. She laughed to herself thinking of what she called her sword.

Surprisingly and conveniently Cloud 9 wasn't to far. Dante entered first and it was quite obvious that he had been there before. There were dancers on several stages all of them having angel wings and that was about it. "See anyone you recognize? " Dante Asked Luna as they walked in and took a seat in the corner of the club.

"No but by the look on your face it seems like you might."

"I may have been here a few times but this time it's business. Ready to fuck shit up? "

"Always so blunt Dante. " Luna shook her head as she scanned the room. "But yes and I see someone that knows him." She pointed to a man in a suit focusing his attention on one of the dancers.

"How do you know?"

"He was at the asylum. I overhead him asking for paperwork that Malcolm had requested so I know he has to know him."

"Good enough for me. Let's go." He stood up approaching the man and Luna followed. "Run along baby" he gestured to the woman as he pulled out ivory and pointed it in the man's direction. He hopped up on the stage the girl had abandoned so everyone would notice him. Luna leaned against the edge of the stage watching the scene play out. "So you no Malcolm I hear"

"I don't give a fuck what you hear boy. You better get that gun out of my face."

"Don't think so. I'm sending a message on behalf of the nephilim Vergil who has Malcolm daughter Alyx. If he wants his baby girl back then he better get his ass down here to Limbo city. " Another man was approaching who must have been associated with the one Luna recognized. Dante clipped his shoulder without taking his eyes off the other man. "I'm serious. No games. Though it would be fun to fuck this angel club up." He laughed mocking them all .

"You better not harm her or he will destroy you and this Vergil. " The man looked panicked especially when he heard Dantes say Alyxs name.

"Game on" Dante smiled before flipping them the bird and heading towards the door. He didn't hesitate taking out rebellion and smashing up a few lights and tablea. Luna followed his lead tossing things around before they exited the building.

"Do you think that will be enough?"

"Did you see his face?" As soon as he finishes passing himself hell probably run straight to Malcolm.