Chapter 34: A Close Call

Vergil layed Alyx down gently on the couch. She was covered in blood and badly injured. She healed slower than any angel or demon he had ever known. He was growing worried and impatient. "Why does this take so long for you to heal." As a nephilim his ability to heal his wound was almost instantaneous.

"It's because of my healing abilities. I can heal others very easily but it just doesn't work as easily for myself. It's worth it though. I have saved so many people. "

"Right now my only concern is with you and your well being. "

"I should be fine." Alyx leaned forward and winced as she did so. The pain was almost unbearable and she knew it was going to be worse for a moment.

"You shouldn't move around so much." Vergil had a concerned expression.

"I know but I need your help. " she let the energy she had remaining flow through her so her wings could slowly reappear. It was painful for them to reemerge with all the damage done to them but if she didn't get Vergil to help her straighten up the bone in the wing it would heal incorrectly and they would be useless. "I need you to move the bone they broke and straighten it back into place for me. Please.."

"Are you sure. I can tell this will hurt."

"I know it will but if I don't fix it I could lose the use of my wings and you never really know when they could come in handy. "

Vergil nodded in agreement and positioned himself behind her holding her wing in his hands gently at first. He had seen her wings already but he had never really closely examined them. It was interesting that the angels actually had wings like in the human stories. Alpt of the wing was almost like a feild of energy that surrounded them and came from Alyx. The were feathered to. A pure white color or they would have been if not for the blood from her injuries. Alyxs wings were in pretty bad shape. The large bone that connected the wings to her was broken in three places.

He moved the bones carefully until they felt like they were close enough in the right spot. "Is that good?"

Alyxs eyes were watering trying to tolerate the pain of him adjusting the bones but she knew this had to be done first. Will all over energy going to her wings because of their sorry state it would make her healing take even longer. "That's good thank you." She let her every flow through her to her wings healing them. Vergil held her hand and she managed to change some of his energy to help speed up the process which was something she had not known she could do. His nephilim power was like a super charger.

He could feel the exchange of energy between them. "What's happening? "

"Apparently I'm channeling you. It's helping to speed up the healing. I didn't know I could do this."

"You're just full of surprises. Keep doing if you need. I can feel it but it does nothing to me" she continued taking small bits of energy from him long enough to completely heal her wings until she could pull them back in. Her other wounds would heal on their own much more easily now.

"You've done so much for me already and thank you for saving Luna from falling. " she spoke as she lay back down on the couch. Vergil sit on the floor beside her so he could be close to eye level with her.

"It was no problem my dear. If you haven't realized by now I would do anything for you even working with Dante for awhile as long as it keeps you safe."

"What's going to happen now?"

"in regards to what?"

"You and Dante. You and me. The future."

"As for him I doubt he will stop trying to sabotage any plans I may form for taking control but as for you and me that's really up to you."

"I thought you wanted the control." She stared deeply into his eyes and watched his face slowly change from his always intense expression to a smile.

"I do but I lost that the moment I met you."