Chapter 7: The Reunion at the Infinite Library

Reunions, I think, is the best thing that could happen in your life. I just couldn't believe that I got reunited with my old friend, in a different world. The odds were like a million to one. Maybe this was meant to be, then again, I could be wrong. 

     The last time I saw him was at that room filled with portals. I didn't see him before I entered my portal. I guess he was on the other side of the room. We first met when we were at grade school. Back then, Social Networking was very popular. So, to keep myself updated, I asked all my classmates for their user names, including him. At that time, he was shy, and a bit quiet, like me. After a few days, we got to know each other a lot better. He had friends with him. He and his friends were alike in some way. They were all bookworms and intelligent. We were mostly common, except for one thing, they all wore glasses, and I don't. Some people say that you know a person is smart if they wear glasses. I really don't believe that, because I'm smart, and I have perfect vision. Ever since that day, we became friend, up until now. It was kind of hard to say goodbye to a friend like him. Now, for maybe the last time, we are together again. Oh, how I wanted to talk to him, if not for the barricade separating us. I would really want to know what happened to him, and what was he doing here in the first place? But, I guess I could wait. 

     Since I can't talk to him right now, so I've decided to read a book, but there were a lot of interesting books to choose from, I don't know where to start. I stumbled upon a book that teaches magic. In the past, I've learn a little magic with Master Eraqus. Some basic healing spells and attack spells. Since this place looks like an infinite library, I could expand my knowledge in the field of magic. It was hard to find a table in this place, because the whole place was white, even the furniture. Now that I've found a table, I can start reading this book of spells and try to learn new spells. Surprisingly, there were higher forms of spells than those that I know. And there other spells that I didn't even know. I really wanted to learn all the spells here to help others. Since I had nothing to do, I started reading the book full of spells. It's been a while since I read an interesting book. Now I can control fire, blizzard, and thunder. I can also alter time and gravity. I really wanted to try and combine my attacks with magic, but I'm indoors. I don't want to destroy this place. Maybe if I'm outside, I'll try it. I also learned that barrier spell they used on me, and I learned how to make myself invisible and a spell that can only harm the undead. I know the last spell sounds sceptical, but better to be safe than sorry. 

     The more I sit here idly, the more I get concern with Felix. I know he's just a few feet away from me, but I'm still worried. I know we've finally met, but he been more quiet that usual. I know we're in a library, but this is too much. I don't know if he has a really good book that he can't talk to his friend, or if he's in an unbreakable trance. I know that he's a bookwork, but this not normal. I wouldn't stay in a library to ease my desire to read for the rest of my life. I'm just that type of person that likes books and wants to be active. This place really reminds me of school, and once again, I'm a loner. I kind of got used to it, since I tend to avoid other people. I really don't get people. Sometimes they befriend you just to use you. Others bully you for no apparent reason. But only a handful of people can be considered as true friend. They are the only people that care for you, support you, understand you, and... trust you. Wow. I took me months to finally realize why I'm miserable. I can't trust my friends if I have problems or issues. They'll just laugh at it and won't take it seriously. And they are not that very supportive. I never really knew that I was that miserable to be here. With my reflection, my eyes started to water again. I guess my thoughts were so depressing, I didn't notice myself crying. I looked at the other guys immediately after I stopped sobbing. They were still reading books. At least they didn't see me cry. That would've been embarrassing. 

     After that really sad and embarrassing moment, I continued reading the book of spells. I was trying to master all the spells in the book. I know that this would take time and will be very hard, but I like a challenge, plus, I got plenty of time to do it. After hours and hours of practicing, I think I finally mastered all the spells in the book. It made me feel powerful, but I think I still need to control myself, and try to not destroy everything by accident. Out of curiosity, I tried to peek on the table where Felix was reading. It seems he's still reading that book. I know he's going to take a break anytime soon. So I waited. I hope it won't be long. 

     After several hours of waiting, he's still reading that book. I'm starting to get restless. I really wanted something to do, this is getting boring. Even a library with a countless number of books couldn't help me. Then I remembered the books Merlin gave me. It's been a while since I read a good story. And I don't even have to find it in the library; it's already in my bag. I just picked one of the two books I have at random. That and they have no titles on the cover. The cover was completely blank and it had a leather strap to secure it. Since I had nothing to do, I unlocked it and opened the book. Surprisingly, there was no writing on the first page. When I flipped on the next page, I saw a picture of a world. It looked really nice, when suddenly, the page started glowing and a bright light shone in front of my face. I'm not sure what happened, but I got a wild guess that I got transported inside the book. 

End of Chapter 7