Alone in a Room Full of People

There were only 15 seconds on the clock. I had traveled down court to make the final shot to win the championship this year for my team. I dribbled the ball down the court, my team mates all around the court blocking and waiting for me to make a move. Like I always did. I dribbled and faked my way into the paint where I shot the ball straight into the hoop. All net. The crowd went crazy.

Cheerleaders runnning around doing flips and kicks, students running out onto the court to congrualate the team and people from the other team seeming to disapear in the crowd. I was lifted up onto the shoulders of my team mates and listened as the crowd chanted "Issac! Issac! Issac!" I held up the tropy in victory with a broad smile pumping it up and down to the beat of the chanting. Yet, even through winning the championship, I still felt empty as always. I was let down of the shoulders into the locker room.

"Good game, Rivers." Coach Anders said with a smile. I grinned. "Thanks Coach." I say while changing out of my uniform and heading for the showers.

"Yeah Issac my man!" yelled my bestfriend Adam in the hallway to the front of the school.

"Hey Adam!" I yelled back smiling. He caught up with me and began walking with me.

"Whew that team probably don't even know what hit em'." He said patting my back. "Can't lose when you have Issac 'Spalding' Rivers playing for your team." I grinned at the name.

"You going to the after party tonight?" he said with a smirk.

"I don't know man..I'm kinda tired.." I trailed off. This is were the depressed for no reason comes in. I never really liked going to the after parties. I always felt alone, even with a bunch of people around me.

"Oh come onnnnnn!" Adam said moving his hands around. "You can't just win the championship and not celebrate." He said with a 'duh' face.

"Alright, fine." I said with a little smile.

He smirked. "Yes! Let's go!" He said smiling wide.

You could hear the music playing outside the house. The party itself screamed teenage rebellion.

"Wooooo! Party!" Adam yelled running up to the house. I quietly shook my head at him.

I slowly walked up to the house with my hands in my pockets. I moved through the house unnoticed, but not for long.

"Hey superstar." said a voice. I knew that voice all to well. It was Lola, my on again off again girlfriend. To be honest, I never really liked Lola. The only reason we ever went out was because of our moms working together. Truth be told, it was kinda forced.

"Hey Lola." I said to be polite. She smiled. "You were great out there...you never seem to disappoint." She trailed of with a sly smile. Even with being depressed, I never drowned my sorrows in breaking girls hearts. Lola and I just seemed like the perfect couple, but the feelings were really one sided.

"How about we get out of here..." she said with her hand on my arm.

"Uh I don't know. I need to be home soon." I said slowly pulling my arm away. She just grinned.

"Oh come on, Issac. Live a little." she said moving closer to me. I moved back slightly. "Nah. I'm good." I said. I moved completely away from her trying to get lost in the crowd.

I saw Adam in the corner dancing like an idiot and moved toward him. "Hey man, I think I'm gonna head out." I said to him.

"Hold on Issac!" He yelled attracting attention. "You can't leave, man. The party is just getting started." he said grinning. There were people drinking and making out in all parts of the house.

"Yeah I'm sure, but like I said before. I'm tired." I said looking around.

"Alright." He said looking disappointed.

I walked out of the house out into the cold October air. I looked back at the house. Why couldn't I be happy like all the other teenagers. Instead I was always not wanting to go to parties or hang out with people. Always alone.