Apart of Someting

I rested my head against the window in the back of the car. I tried my best to close my eyes, but I could see my father looking at me through the rear view mirror. I sighed quietly.

"How long is the drive?" My mom asks for the 9th time. "Lana, I told you the drive is too long for either of us to get back in time for work." My father replies keeping his eyes on the road. "I just want my baby to be safe." My mother replies softly glancing at me. My father nodded as if he understood. I could finally close my eyes. 

We pulled into the airport drop-off area and my mother had tears in her eyes. "Issac please be careful and safe. Oh and don't forget to call every Sunday!" My mother says pulling me into a tight hug. "I promise mom." I say hugging her.

"We love you Issac." My mom says pulling me tighter into the hug. "I love you guys too." I say before she releases me.

My father stood next to my mother  with his hand on her shoulder. "We'll be back, son just..get better." My father hugged me. "Oh why does the camp have to be all the way in California!?" My mother cried suddenly. "I know mom. I'll be fine." I reassure her gently. I slowly made my way to the airport doors leaving my life behind.

"Oh Issac don't forget there will be a car waiting for you!" My father yelled after me. I nodded and continued walking. 

I went through the security without too much trouble and made my way to the waiting area. 

I sat down before grabbing my phone out of my pocket. I silently scrolled through the emails my teachers had sent and stopped when I see one from Mrs. Thatcher.

I relunctly tapped the email and began reading it.

Dear Issac,
I hope you don't see me as an enemy. I just really wanted to help you with your depression. I have seen to many of my family members fall into the same position as you. I couldn't bear watch it happen all over again to a student. Please just get the help that you need.

Mrs. Thatcher

I read the email again and again. How did I feel about all of this? Mrs. Thatcher was right. She was the reason I was going to this camp and possibly missing the rest of school, but maybe I wanted help. I needed this. For the first in forever, I might actually feel like I am apart of something.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Okay, I know I may seem like a horrible person, but I do have a good reason for the terribly late chapter. My laptop literally had a nervous breakdown after I made the assumption that I could update every Tuesday. Then I decided I could write on my phone, but then suffered from an intense case of writers block. I know, I know, cry me a river, but these are real life struggles. I just wanna thank anyone who has stuck with me and my suckyness. Also, sorry for the short chapter. I will be better.