Too Perfect

I collapsed onto my bed, wiping my eyes. I rolled over onto my side to make sure my alarm clock was set for school tomorrow, soon I fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

__________________________

 I woke up to the loud beeping of my annoying alarm clock. As I rolled over to turn it off, I grabbed my phone to check for messages. Sure enough, it was filled with missed messages. Random people congratulating me on the big win. I scrolled through hundreds of messages replying back with 'Thank you's' and 'you did good too's'. "Issac! Get up, breakfast is ready!" My mom yells from downstairs. "Coming mom!" I yell back slowly getting up. When I got downstairs, I sat down at the table like always as my dad scrolled through his phone.

"You did great in the championship game, son." He says putting his phone down looking at me directly. "I really think you're just what the scouts are looking for." He says smiling.  Honestly, sometimes I didn't want to play basketball. Sometimes I like it sometimes I don't, but I of course couldn't tell my parents that. I've always been good at the sport but sometimes, I just feel like I don't want to play. "Thanks dad." I say forcing a smile.

"Honey eat up, its almost time for school." My mom says as she sets a plate of pancakes and eggs with a sausage in front of me. I ate my breakfast quietly, thinking about how perfect everything in this house seemed. My dad was on his phone again probably texting someone about another business opportunity. My mom was sitting eating a muffin, due to her diet, reading a health magazine as I sat there unusually depressed as always.  Once I finished breakfast, I headed up stairs to get ready for school.

"Yo, Issac!" I hear Adam yell as I enter the hallway. "Hey Adam." I say fist pounding him. "man you missed a good party last night." He said smirking. "Is that so?" I say looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah man! Once you left we were all playing spin the bottle and Lola had to go in the closet with Eric.." was all I heard from Adam before I drowned him to look around my school. It was..perfect. Perfect lockers, high class teachers, perfectly waxed floors, perfect lunches. As I looked around I realized,can everything in my life be too perfect?