What He Needs...

So this particular one is based on the character Basil Fawlty...not John himself.  I've been watching Fawlty Towers among the other Python films while snowed in.  This imagine is specifically inspired by "The Wedding Guests" and well...here's the result ;)

~~~

Sitting in the lounge nursing a drink, (Y/N) was enjoying the spectacle the owner of this small hotel was making of himself.  She'd been there for several days and if it wasn't one thing it was another that wound up Basil Fawlty.  He got himself so worked up over just about everything, but particularly over couples or those of what he deemed "lower class".  (Y/N) just quietly observed and stayed out of his way.

(Y/N) was lucky to really only have interactions with his wife Sybil and the waitress Polly; it gave her more opportunity to watch him.  What really intrigued her, was how absolutely uptight Basil was one particular day that was warm and had everyone loosening up a little.  Except of course for him.  It seemed everything bothered him that day from a flirtatious antiques dealer to an engaged couple.

Later on that evening, she took the opportunity to engage him in conversation.  She noted that he enjoyed classical music and used that as her in.  He hadn't really noticed her before and was pleased that she seemed to have good taste in music at the very least.  She seemed genuinely interested in what he had to say about various composers and their work and that began to bring out his flirtatious nature. 

"Basil!" he heard Sybil call from the office.

He stopped, "Yes!" he answered very curtly, not pleased to have been interrupted.

"Come here please," she called as she poked her head around the corner.

"Do excuse me," he smiled before stomping away quietly muttering to himself.  "What is it?"

"I'm going out for a while dear, please make sure...." she related a list of things for him to do while she was gone, "...and stop flirting with that girl.  She's too young for you anyway!"

That pulled him back quickly, "I'm not flirting!  We're discussing music...something you wouldn't understand!" he called at her back as she walked out of the door.

"I'm so sorry," Basil apologized as he returned to (Y/N's) company.

"Oh not to worry," she smiled and picked their conversation back up.  It continued fluidly with the flirting increasing in intensity as the hour passed.  Looking at her watch she stopped Basil, "I think I may head up to my room, would you mind coming to take a look at the lock on my door?  It's not closing properly and the breeze coming through the open windows is causing it to pop open."

He stared at her with a little confusion, but his eyes wandering over her figure as she stood up, "...um..." he shook himself out of his thoughts, "Yes, alright..." he followed her out and up the stairs.

"I do appreciate it...privacy you know.  Don't want my door coming open while I'm sleeping." she continued to speak sweetly to him.

"Yes, well..." he was loosing his words.  Most of his guests drove him crazy and something like this would have infuriated him this time of night.  However, this girl was a bit of a mystery and he didn't feel as flustered by her.

Walking into the room, (Y/N) sat down on the bed and watched as Basil began fiddling with the lock on the door. "Can I ask you a question."