Chapter 1 - Car door slam. The jingling of keys. Hushed voices. Silence.

Ch. 1 -

Car door slam.

The jingling of keys.

Hushed voices.

Silence.

Where was I? I began to whimper when I couldn't open my eyes.

"Is everything alright?"

That was the voice of my rescuer; I wish I knew what his name was.

"My eyes hurt," I whimpered. I heard a shuffling sound and then I felt something cold being placed over my eyes. I winced at the coldness.

"Those guys hurt you pretty badly," he whispered as he took my hand.

He began to rub circles on my hand with his thumb. Why was this stranger being so nice to me?

"Why did you save me?" I asked as I brought my free hand to my face.

I could feel the bumps where the bruises where and I gasped. My rescuer chuckled.

"No woman in the world deserves to get beaten up," he said.

I adjusted the cold object on my eyes. I could slightly open them now, but it hurt so much.

"But you don't even know me," I said when he grabbed my hand that was near my face and put it at my side.

"That might be true, love. But maybe I want to get to know you."

I tried to smile but it hurt so much. He must have seen me tense up because I heard hin sigh.

"Is there anything I can get you? Water? Something to eat?"

Why was he being so sweet? I'm just some random American girl he saved.

"Water's fine," I managed to say.

He let go of my hand and said, "I'll be right back."

I heard a door slowly open and footsteps getting quieter and quieter. Right then, I felt my surroundings; I was in a bed. The blanket was pulled up to my waist. I must have been in his room...which meant that I was at his house. I didn't even know this guy and I was already in his room and possibly even his bed! A new voice caught my attention.

"What are you doing mate?"

It was another guy with a British accent.

"I'm bringing her some water and something to dull the pain," my rescuer's voice said.

"No, what are you doing? You don't know this girl. She could be a serial killer faking her injuries."

Wow, whoever the other guy was sure had an imagination.

"She's not."

I heard footsteps come towards me.

"Babe," my rescuer said as he helped me sit up, "here's your water and this will help you feel less pain."

Did he really just call me babe? He handed me my water and two small pills. I popped them into my mouth and downed them with the water.

"Thanks...uh," I trailed off hoping he'd reveal his name.

"You can call me...Joey," he said.

His pause told me that Joey wasn't his real name. Why was he lying about his name? Then I was feeling tired again. "Joey" helped me lay back down. Then I felt someone's lips being pressed against my forehead; it was "Joey".

"Sweet dreams," he said at my ear. Then I fell asleep.

------------------

Who do you think was outside the door talking to "Joey"?

Where do you think she is?

Vote/comment

-Ari Horan-