Chapter 24 - Not. Your. Average. Fairytale.

Ch. 24 -

Not.
Your.
Average.
Fairytale.

I've always wanted to have a relationship with a guy like Cinderella. She goes to the ball and mysteriously has to disappear at twelve because of her evil stepmother and evil stepsisters...well, minus the disappearing and the evil family members. Or a relationship like Jasmine and Aladdin...just minus the thieving. Or maybe Rapunzel! Although I never really understood that story at all...maybe a fairytale relationship wasn't the right fit for me.

I had been walking down a bunch of halls to find Louis, but this wandering was getting me lost. With my masquerade mask still in my hand, I placed it back on my face and continued to look for Louis. With all this wandering I was doing, I found out that I was in someone's house because I kept finding paintings of the same person over and over again all over the walls. I stopped walking when I came upon a painting of the person sitting in a chair with a beagle in his lap.

"His name is Sugar," a voice from behind me said; it made me jump.

I turned around and saw Liam removing his mask.

"Oh, Liam...you scared me," I said trying to catch my breath.

"I didn't mean to startle you. I just saw you wandering the halls alone. Where is Louis?"

I didn't answer Liam because I didn't know.

"Why are you crying, Kayla?"

What? I was crying? I brought my hand up to my face and sure enough I was crying.

"I...I don't know," I said wiping my face.

"Did Louis do something to make you cry?" Liam asked when he walked towards me and hugged me.

I don't know why I let him hug me, I just did and I buried my face in his neck.

He rubbed my back and asked, "Was it Louis? What did he do?"

I took my face out of Liam's neck and said,

"It wasn't Louis; he didn't do anything wrong."

And I thought Liam was jealous...maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was just looking out for his mate.

"So then it was Harry?" I nodded my head.

Liam wiped my tears with his thumb.

"What did he do now?"

"That's just it, he didn't do anything. It's just the fact that he won't leave me alone. I flipped out on him."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I backed out of his arms, "I'm not sure if I should even be talking to you Liam."

"I'm not going to try anything on you, Kayla. I would never do that to Louis."

He held out his hand for mine and I took it. Liam led me to a room not too far from where we were standing. Inside the room was a bunch of fancy couches and more paintings of the same person. We sat on one of the couches and I told Liam what happened.

"Does Louis know that's why you moved to London?" Liam asked when I finished telling him what happened.

"No," I said messing with the end of my dress, "he only knows I came here to live with my cousin."

"Maybe you should tell him."

I looked at Liam; how could I even assume he was jealous of Louis? He was being so sweet to me.

"What if he treats me differently, Liam?"

"Your past shouldn't matter. What matters is now. Louis really cares about you, Kayla. I remember the night he had brought you to the flat; you were asleep in his arms. You should have heard what Louis said to Harry when he said that he should have left you in the alley."

"What did Louis say?"

I was curious now. But instead of answering me, Liam just smiled; it must have been something really nice.

"Just know, Kayla, that no matter what your past was like, Louis will still like you."

I smiled at Liam; maybe I could be friends with him like I was with Zayn and Niall.

"Now let's go find Louis," Liam said as he got off the couch.

I got up and followed Liam out of the room. Liam led me down the staircase just as the song "In My Head" by Jason DeRülo began to play. Liam had stopped walking when we reached the middle of the room.

He turned to me and asked, "Do you want to dance with me, Kayla? It's okay if you don't want to. I'd understand if you said no."

"Liam, just dance with me."

I could tell he was surprised that I said yes. While we were dancing, he kept his eyes away from me and on something else. So I turned his face to make him look at me.

"Liam, it's alright; you can look at me," I said.

"I'm doing it for your own good, Kayla," he said as he returned his gaze away from me.

So it was either that Liam was indeed jealous that I was with Louis or it was the song that was playing that was giving him dirty thoughts. Either one was pretty bad.

Just as the lyrics "In my head, I see you all over me. In my head, you fulfill my fantasy" played, Liam stopped dancing with me.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked when I saw him looking around the room frantically.

"I think you should go find Louis."

Then he quickly walked away from me. What just happened?

-------------

What do you think is going on with Liam?

Why do you think Liam said that it was for Kayla's own good that he wasn't looking at her?

Jason DeRülo tho. I like that guy :)

Feedback please?

Vote/comment/share

-Ari Horan-