Chapter 10

James Pov

When I was in my room, lying down in my bed while listening to some music in my phone. Then suddenly someone knock at my door.

When I open the door, it was Gaven.

"Hey Gaven, what brings you here" I ask as he went inside in my room and sat down in my black leather chair.

"Um, I just want to share with you something and ask some advice" he said as he leans back on the chair.

"Ok so what is it all about?" I ask as I sat in the sofa.

"Um it's about Kiara, I like her"

"That's good I mean we could let her join in our group and" before I could continue he inserted.

"No, I mean I like her not as a Friend, I like her more than a Friend" When he said that he likes her more than a Friend I feel down at the inside, I mean we both like the same girl and I don't want to hurt my best friend's feelings. So I decided I'll just hold my feelings for her and help Gaven for her.

"That's good man, finally you already like someone" I said with a fake smile.

"Um, can you give some advice on what should I do?" He ask as he looks at me and waits for my reply.

"First, you could always spend time for her first like talking and chatting and if you feel that it is the right time to ask her out then that's the time you will ask her out" I replied as I still feel down at the inside.

"Ok, thanks I think I'll take that advice" he said as he smiled like he had a great plan.

"Glad I could help, so does Andre knows about this already" I ask as I have him a curious look.

"No, not yet but I'm planning on telling him tomorrow." He said while smirking.

"Ok, good luck on Kiara" I said as I stand up and went to my walk in closet.

"Ok, so James I'll go ahead already and thanks for your advice" he said as he opened the door.

"Ok bye Gave" then he went out.

I change my clothes, I wear a back v-neck shirt with a black leather jacket and jeans.

I grab the keys of my lynnwood locksmith motorcycle and my black helmet.

I drove towards the place of me and my grandpa where we always hang out. As I made my destination I park my motorcycle and went towards a tree.

I keep on going to this place because it reminds me of my grandpa that already passed away and this place is where I can keep calm and feel relief if I have problems.

Flashback (7 years old James)

"Grandpa, what are we doing here"

"We are here because I want to share something about this tree" grandpa said as touch the bark of three.

"This tree is very special for me and when you grow up I want you to bring here your special someone. Oh and did you know that this tree has a secret" grandpa said.

"Really, grandpa" I said cheerfully

"Yes, can you see this mark that has an x on it" he said while pointing at the x mark.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Grab it" he said.

I do what he said and when I grabbed it, I see an empty hole that you can place something on it.

"You see that hole that has an empty space, you can put something on it that is very special to you when you grow up. Ok? So that's why I want you to protect this tree" he said as he ruffles my hair.

"Ok grandpa, but grandpa I don't like having a special someone because when I grow up. I will be just like you and I will have a business just like yours" I replied feeling proud of myself.

"Haha, I know that someday you will be that kind of person. I know your still a kid but someday you will find your special someone" he said as I confusingly look at him.

"C'mon grandson" he said and with that me and my grandpa played and and laugh.

End of flashback.

"I miss you grandpa, now I know what you mean." I told myself

"Grandpa, it hurts that I just hold my feelings for her. It hurts also that if I'll tell Gaven about my feelings for her, he will also be hurt." I whispered to the tree and a tear slip in my eye.

"I Guess that it's not bad to be her Friend, right? Haha now I'm talking to myself." I said as if I'm feeling crazy.

"Kiara" I whispered her name and another tear slip in my eye.

After that I stand up then pat the dirt in my jeans and went to my motorcycle then went back home.