#6

A few months after Missy broke your heart, you started sleeping around. Every week you would be sporting a new girl on your lap in the lunchroom, only for the two of you to disappear a few minutes later to some empty classroom that you couldn't be seen in.

You left me alone, day after day. At first, you would apologize but as the days went past you stopped. We hardly spoke in school and I became lonely. You had been my only friend for such a long time that I had nobody to turn to when you left me sitting at that hidden table in the corner.

I remember every day after school you'd drive me home and you'd stay over, you often fell asleep as soon as we reached my room. You were tired all the time and we never spoke. Yet sometimes when you slept over you would wake up and wrap your arms around me. Other times I'd wake up to you crying but you never told me why, and that was the sixth time you broke my heart.

It broke my heart that you wouldn't speak to me, and instead, you would turn to other women to fill your bed. Still, I sat there and watched as you went through women, ripping a piece of my heart out for every new one. Yet I still sat there and forgave you, because you were everything to me. You still are.

The one the one good thing that came from all this heartbreak came in the form of Rose, my new friend.