#13

At first, you hated me for what I had done. I remember we would scream for hour upon hours about my decision to keep her away. You didn't understand how I afraid I had been, I was young, it had been my first time experiencing the warmth of a man and thing had started to change with my body.... things I didn't understand; and then I held her in my arms after carrying her for 9 months and I was petrified that you wouldn't love her like I did, that you wouldn't want to watch her take her first step or babble of her first words. 

I knew it was wrong, but fear caught me it is grip like a python to its prey. But there you were six years later cold and unforgiving but so loving towards our daughter. After that day, you became a constant again. You would visit our little girl as often as you could, it was as if you were afraid that if you missed one more moment with her she would disappear. It was hard at first, cold and distant but as the days went past we eased our way back into our old routine of being friends and it felt as if I could finally breathe again.

Days turned into months and months turned into years and finally, as if fate finally decided to step in you saw me exactly as I had seen you my entire life. Which brings me to my last heartbreaking confession, one that is not mine but will be yours.

The day Ari was born there had been complications. Although our daughter was born completely healthy with rosy red cheeks and a cry that could wake up the dead, I was handed a death sentence. As the days passed and your relationship grew with both Ari and me, I grew weaker. My bones once strong were now frail, my skin pale and my features sunken in.

Thus I come to reason as to why I wrote you my letters, you broke my heart numerous times over the years and as much as they hurt, my love for you had never faded. Over the past years, I watched as you made our daughter smile time and time again, you never left her side; despite the pain, you have caused me I know you will never repeat those mistakes with her. You'll be loyal and protect her with every bone in your body, you'll encourage her and love her as I have loved you all these years and last but not least you'll be the best father she could ever ask for.

I give you my last heartbreak as I write this letter, the best and the worst heart-shattering experience you had ever given me because although you love me as I have loved you. 

It is my time to break you.