Chapter 2

Connors POV
We were waiting downstairs in the orphanage to get the adoption papers when the lady came back with them. She seems like a nice lady.

"Okay here you go. Good luck." She said. "Why?" I asked her. "The kid your adopting, Mack, has some serious problems. She's so weird." The lady replied. "Well think whatever you want because it's not going to affect my decision." I said with a blank expression. She then walked away with an angry look on her face. Maybe she's on her period?

"Hey dude come on let's go get her!" Kian said to me, knocking from my thoughts.

We then walked into her room and Ricky started,"Hey--" "HOLY SHIT!!! What...?" She screamed. I was crying from laughter on the inside. After whatever they said we left her to pack. We walked downstairs to see many kids playing Mario Kart on their Wii. I wanted to play so badly but I was then snapped out of my thoughts by the other guys. There we saw Mack coming down the stairs with just a small day pack on her shoulder.

"Is that all you have?" Kian asked. "Kian don't be rude!" Ricky sassed at him as he wrapped his arm around Mack. She was so cute and seemed really chill. But she also seemed really shy. We'll have to fix that.

We started walking to the car in complete awkward silence. When we got into the car, I was sitting next to Mack when she whispered into my ear,"Which one of you are my dad?" "I am actually!" I replied really happily. She nodded then turned her head back over to the window. Is she happy that I'm her dad? Does she like me? Does she want some one else to be her dad? What is I'm not good enough? What if she gets hurt here? What if she- I was cut off from my thoughts when we got into the driveway. We started filing out and I heard Mack whisper,"woah..."

Mack's POV
"Woah..." I whispered to myself. I got out of the car and saw this massive house that was bigger than the orphanage. We walked into the house and as soon as I got in Co-,er, dad showed me up to my room. It was huge! It had nice white walls with a gigantic bed with green covers and a white rug on the hardwood floor. There was also a white desk in the corner of the room that was amazing. On the other side of my room was my closet. Again, it was huge. Way too big for me. I'll admit, I like clothes, but I like to wear them, not collect them. Next to the bed was a small brown wooden nightstand. It was perfect.

After unpacking for a little bit, I was called down for supper by Jc. I ran downstairs cause I was starving. You see, I had gotten home late one night and Ms. Grew got really mad at me and so my punishment was no food. Long story short, I haven't eaten for two weeks.

As soon as I saw the Taco Bell, I lunged at it and grabbed whatever was there. I unwrapped it as fast as I could and stuffed as much as I could into my mouth. "Hey! Woah woah woah. Slow down! You're eating as if you haven't eaten in weeks!" Kian yelled. "Well, my punishment at the orphanage was no food so I haven't exactly eaten anything in two weeks..." I said trailing off at the end. I don't want them to feel sorry for me or pitty me. "What?!" Trevor yelled. "That has to count as child abuse! So you're saying that you haven't eaten in two weeks??!?!?" "Kind of...?" I said quietly. "Everyone shut up, stop pestering her about not eating, and let the child eat!" Jc yelled. I started to quietly laugh.

After eating they asked if I wanted anything else. "No thanks. I'm good now." I replied. "Are you sure?" Asked dad. "I'm sure... God..." I whispered the last part but apparently I didn't say it quiet enough. "What was that?" Dad said sassily. "Did some one just talk back? Well, then I guess you need a punishment!" He said walking closer to me with each word. All of the sudden he lunges at me and starts tickling me. I HATE GETTING TICKLED!!!! I started screaming and laughing at the same time. Now, I have a strategy when one is getting tickled. To allow yourself to laugh a little if you can't hold it in, but, to end up controlling yourself and calming yourself down and just stop reacting to it and eventually they'll stop. Hey, it worked!

"Ok listen Mack, I know you just got here, but we're having a small party here. People will start coming soon so if you want to get ready or anything then to do it now." Ricky said. "Ok I'll be right back." I yelled over my shoulder as I ran up the stairs.

When I got to my room I went into my closet and picked out some black Adidas shorts and a dark green t-shirt. I put on some runners, cause they are literally the only comfy shoes in the world. No joke. I walked back downstairs to see 3 guys and 2 girls sitting with the guys.

"Hey!" Jc yelled. I stopped in my tracks as all of them looked over to me with confused looks. "Um, hi" I said quietly. "Who's this?" I heard one of the guys whisper. "This is Mack. My daughter that I adopted today." Dad explained. "Oh ok! Well it's nice to meet you Mack! My names Cameron." The guys said. "This is Nash and Matt." He said pointing to them. I waved to them and they waved back. "I'm Andrea, Kians boyfriend, and this is Jenn. She has no one." Andrea said. "Andrea! That's not true! I just... Don't exactly like anyone at the moment!" Jenn exclaimed. "It's ok, I get it." I said as I sat down. "Well there's going to be more people coming over, so we should get ready with snacks and drinks. Wanna help?" Matt asked. "Sure." I replied quietly. I guess I have to get used to there being a lot of people around since I live o2l. Oh well.

A/n
Hey guys! Is this chapter long cause I don't really know. But anyways if you are reading this right now, thank you so much and I'll make another chapter soon!