Ch 4: Mephistophelese

Mephistophelese was the boss of Hell. Sometimes he'd watch over his earth-bound employees to make sure they were doing their job. One of them was Sock Sowachowski. Mephistophelese being the trustworthy devil he was, trusted Sock to get Jonathan to kill himself, but today he had a feeling something was wrong, so he decided to take a peek at what Sock was doing.

   He appeared in Jon's room, floating over the sleeping demon and human. He frowned. He wasn't really mad just... very, very, disappointed. He tapped Sock's shoulder a few times hoping he'd wake up. Sock opened his eyes sleepily and untangled his arms from Jonathan's. He looked up at his superior.

   "What are you doing here?" Mephi crossed his legs as he floated.
   "Just uh... checkin' up on ya, Sock. You've been workin' on this guy for a very... long period of time. How long's it been, kiddo?"
   "Two months."
   "And I assume that's a long time, right?"
   "I guess so. I-I'm really sorry."
   "Don't be. like I've said before, Jonny boy here just has to cut the cord eventually. Although, it does seem as if you recently... hugged him. Now Sock, you may think to yourself that a single hug isn't a big deal, but hugging somebody and making them feel better just isn't a very good way to make somebody die and take a permanent vacation in Hell. You read me?"
   "Sorry boss," Sock frowned in embarrassment, "I wasn't thinking straight."
   "It's Mephistophelese, not boss. Jeez kid, do I have to burn it into your brain? Anyways, just focus on death, not love. If you don't do that," He smirked, "If you don't do that then you're fired." He snapped his fingers and vanished, leaving a sad and scared Sock behind.