chapter 3

Chapter 3

"I don't mean to interrupt but are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

I needed to know who she was. I mean if they were a couple, I would feel terrible for what I did yesterday.

"Ewww" they both said in unison.

Then Jason started talking " Wait, let me explain. Hillary, this is my step sister, Emma. Emma, this is Hillary, a very close friend of mine."

I sighed. Thank god they weren't in a relationship. Then Emma started laughing. "I'm so sorry for questioning you, Hillary. I just thought you might have worked for the police. You see, after our parents left, we became really close and me being the older one, I felt like it was my responsibility to keep Jason safe. I mean he IS the most wanted teenager in the WHOLE of the US," she spoke.

Now I understood why she was so freaked out when she saw me by Jason.

"Ok...ok just clearing that up." I said relieved. Jason's face lightened up and his mouth created a smile then words came out of his mouth but to be honest, I was not paying attention.

"Hillary?" He screamed.

Oh crap! What did he say? What do I say? Oh no.

"Hillary, do you wanna get something to eat or not?" He once again said but this time waving his hand in front of my face. Oh right that's what he asked!

"Yes, in fact I'm starving!" I said with a smile on my face.